Options
    [/quote]

Seriously, let's not drag beer's good name through the mud here.[/quote]

LOL....YEEEHOOOOO!!!:drinker:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the vent!

I cannot lose weight if I am drinking. I never understood how all those girls at my university could stay SOOO skinny drinking as much as me, and eating junk afterwards????

How do you stay skinny if you are drinking 5 nights a week??

I am glad I don't live that lifestyle anymore!
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The beer did not make you gain five pounds. You're likely dehydrated and a little bloated. Please drink plenty of water today and remember your night of beers with happiness and joy.

^^^^ Just get back on the horse and move forward.
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I love my wine and beer but it is fattening. I started looking at skinny girl brand and Michelob ultra. Miller makes a low fat/carb beer as well
  • jodywalsh
    jodywalsh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Got to agree...balance....work out and save some calories for your night out....I drink blue UV and diet mountain dew..less calories than beer. Somtimes when you give somthing up all together you feel deprived..thats not good either..moderation! Good Luck!:happy:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Every time I have lost weight I have cut out the booze....so I know that it works....but sometimes I like getting stupid.....oh well guess I will have to decide what I like better. beer or getting fit......cant I have some balance? argh

You can have beer and get fit. You just have to work out enough to offset the calories. Balance is my favorite way to live.

Amen, my friend. When I started this adventure last summer, I told myself (and my dietician) that there was NO WAY I was giving up beer. Period. And I don't like light beer, so that's that.

I have been able to have beer nights, and have been consistently losing weight............it CAN be done, and there's no reason to give up the things you love!!!
  • Lushcious
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.I love my drinks!!I am not willing to give those up.So i just try to save calories for them.If i have beer i go for the light beers.If i have liqour i mix it with unsweetened iced tea.Sounds weird to most people but for me its delish with my fave 3 olives cherry vodka.Or any other flavor for that matter.lol And i have a flask that i know excatly how much is in there.so i can more accuratly count the calories.Yeah i'm pretty serious about my drinks.Haha
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm not a beer drinker, but I can't say no to some Crown and Coke.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Haha, I said the same thing this morning. What started as brunch with friends yesterday turned into a full day/night of drinking, nachos, and bar games. Sigh. My boyfriend and I were kicking ourselves this morning as we dragged out of bed for work.

I totally understand where you are coming from but I think beer and burger night isn't an issue. Binge drinking and excessive frequency are issues, but that's something that people can only decide for themselves.

Don't think anyone has said this yet, but MAJOR PROPS for getting into the gym! Keep that up, drink lots of water and carry on.
  • ClaireSmalley2012
    Options
    Cutting out drinking definitely helps with the weight-loss which I also found last year before putting it back on again but I agree that it is a very difficult thing to do. At the moment I am trying to only drink for one night every 2 weeks. Also, I am usually a cider drinker but have been switching to vodka and diet cokes (a lot less calories although not helpful when you finish the bottle :/ )

I agree that its not easy! SInce turning 18 I've never really had restraints where alcohol is concerned, apart from the fact that as I've got that little bit older the amount I can have before losing control is a quite a lot less! My point is that since Christmas I have decided that this will be my year and therefore one of the first things to go was the alcohol. In the near to 7 weeks since the new year I have drank once, and that was at a 21st Birthday Party last weekend - I stuck to Vodka, Blackcurrant and Soda water to keep the calories down though.

I'm fortunate that sometimes I am able to have as many laughs and enjoy myself on the dancefloor just as much as any other drunk and I do not require the alcohol - A plus is while my friends are having to run off to the loo, or quench their 'thirst' with another beverage or even fall flat on their face I can dance and laugh, laugh and dance uninterrupted and remember everything!!

One thing I will say is that if the atmosphere isn't there or if I'm having an off day the will power to stay sober just doesn't seem to be there - that's when you ned a sober friend to help you along :-)