Fitness Test Help

Options
Hi Everyone!!!

I have a fitness test to take at the gym on Monday. Yesterday I went to the gym, was so motivated and had a burst of energy i ran like the wind. Now l feel like some one beat my thighs and bum up in a gang fight. I have this fitness test on Monday and wanted some tips on how everyone deals with the post- workout ouchies. I know they are going to measure my body fat with some crazy scale and pinch me with calipers and everything like that. Is there anything else I should expect and anything I can do to not feel depressed for not being at my best yet.

Chinchinchilla

Replies

• ChinChinchilla
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I have a fitness test to take at the gym on Monday. Yesterday I went to the gym, was so motivated and had a burst of energy i ran like the wind. Now l feel like some one beat my thighs and bum up in a gang fight. I have this fitness test on Monday and wanted some tips on how everyone deals with the post- workout ouchies. I know they are going to measure my body fat with some crazy scale and pinch me with calipers and everything like that. Is there anything else I should expect and anything I can do to not feel depressed for not being at my best yet.

Chinchinchilla
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    STRETCH! Stretching really helps both before and after working out.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Just an odd bit of information, Chinchilla is my nickname.
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    I know how you feel the past 2 days my quads were killing- i think i've actually been walking with a limp! HA! its hard to do but the best thing is to MOVE the next day and work out that lactic acid build up in your legs. Take it easy but do a mild work out to move those muscles.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

Chinchinchilla

Nice hot soak in the tub with some Epsom salt... lots of rest and water... and some Ibuprofen.
  • ChinChinchilla
    Options
    Thank's everyone. I think all of those suggestions will definetly help. I really do not take the time to strestch properly and it not to my benefit. It is probably contributing to my afterwork out pain. I just need to get the drug store and get some epsom salts for a nice after work out bath.