Dinners are my hardest meal

Options
Yesterday I found this great idea on Pinterest (my second addiction). I put together 6 baskets for my pantry. I placed all of the items for dinners, for the week, in the baskets with the recipe (if needed) along with a list of items that are in the freezer or fridge. Not only did it only take me 10 minutes to put together 6 meals, but I used foods that I had in my pantry when I thought there was nothing to eat in the house. I really came up with six meals without having to do any shopping except for my fresh foods. Also my kids are in charge of helping make dinners during the week. So now they have a balanced, healthy meal and recipe and it takes no thought on their part, other than choosing which basket they want that night. The 7th night we will have left overs. THis could be life changing for us :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• ShrinkingSusan
    ShrinkingSusan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Where was Pinterest when my children were still at home? That would have made that nightly ordeal so much easier!
  • Brandy108
    Brandy108 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I always find myself hungry and in a hurry to eat at dinner which leads to frozen healthy choice meals and other crap like that. I plan out every breakfast and lunch for while I'm gone but then lose motivation for dinner. I might steal this idea :)

15349894.png
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    that is a great idea! and good job getting the kids involved!
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I need to go get baskets too................
  • LinsSue47
    Options
    This sounds like a great plan! But....what is Pinterest? First time here. Thanks for your reply.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! Can you only join pinterest through FB?
  • frugalbecca
    frugalbecca Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I think I will have to do this too! Been trying to plan my meals using up things in pantry but somehow I always get sidetracked or can't find it or something and end up buying stuff instead! Thank you! Gonna get me some baskets!
  • TXLainey
    Options
    Really great idea! My husband is a stay-at-home dad/student and can cook if I give him detailed instructions. The problem is that I usually don't think about what to do for dinner until I'm at work. With a little prep like this, we may just be able to revolutionize our dinner routine and avoid a lot of costly (and fattening) take-out trips. Thank you for posting this!
  • Rhami1
    Rhami1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh I LOVE this idea...I have to try it! I hate trying to figure out what's for dinner. Thanks....now....I'm probably going to get a lot of "what, you're kidding, right" But....what is Pinterest?
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Pinterest is a sight you can join through Facebook that has any idea for everything.
  • btpeanut
    btpeanut Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    that is a great idea.Ive been a stay at home mom/wife for the last 6-7 years and just started going back to school last week so i will definately try this thanks!:smile:
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great plan! But....what is Pinterest? First time here. Thanks for your reply.

Pinterest lets you organize & share what you find on the internet. Go to Pinterest.com
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Mine too girl
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great idea! It'll really help clear out the pantry and force myself to think outside of the box. I often get stuck in food ruts where I'm cooking the same stuff all the time.

btw: LOVE pinterest! I have a board for low(er) cal food ideas & recipes and another for fitness/exercise inspiration.