5 pounds lost in 5 days!

Options
So I started this calorie diet monday. I walk to and from work most days. IT takes me like 30 -45 mintues one way. I've been doing like over 100 minutes a day walking and eating less than 1300 calories and I've been losing like half a pound to a pound a day. I nkow your not suppose to lose weight fast like that but I'm not starving my self to do it. I also have een drinking 2 cups of green tea a day. well, most days and it is suppose to speed up your metabolism a little. I think I;m geting a little obsessed with working out though. I just dont want the scale to stop moving. lol. In anycase, walking a lot has done the most for me so far. I was 171 on monday and now this morning it said I was 166. will see what tomorrow brings..lol good luck everyone.

Replies

• auroraopie
    Options
    So I started this calorie diet monday. I walk to and from work most days. IT takes me like 30 -45 mintues one way. I've been doing like over 100 minutes a day walking and eating less than 1300 calories and I've been losing like half a pound to a pound a day. I nkow your not suppose to lose weight fast like that but I'm not starving my self to do it. I also have een drinking 2 cups of green tea a day. well, most days and it is suppose to speed up your metabolism a little. I think I;m geting a little obsessed with working out though. I just dont want the scale to stop moving. lol. In anycase, walking a lot has done the most for me so far. I was 171 on monday and now this morning it said I was 166. will see what tomorrow brings..lol good luck everyone.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    sounds good, this weight you took off maybe water weight, but any kind of weight is good weight as long as it goes away.:wink:
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I started out like that... lost 10 in 11 days! It's a fantastic motivator... but really, it is water weight. So don't be disappointed or give up when it slows down.... your body will catch on as long as you stick to it... and the rest will start to come off at a steady pace.

Best of luck in your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    oh yeah, Tag also has a thing for bleach water. If i just cleaned the floor with bleach water, he's there licking and rolling all over it.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    oh yeah, Tag also has a thing for bleach water. If i just cleaned the floor with bleach water, he's there licking and rolling all over it.

Holy crap... I just realized this somehow ended up in the completely wrong thread! I am SO SORRY! Lol... how the heck did I get here?
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the awesome work!
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    amazing job!
  • auroraopie
    Options
    so ya. I think you guys were right. It was just water weight. thats sucks. It totally stoped. I have gained anything though and I cheateda little for a couple days. Special occasions stuff, you know how it is. It's so discouraging! Im going to make my self to keep walking though. I tend to get discouraged very easily and give up. then I gain like twice as much back. I'll kepp you all updated though. thanks so much for your support.
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    That is great and a good feeling even if it is water weight. :flowerforyou: I like seeing the scale move also. Some times it gets stuck or even goes up a pound but I still plug along and hope it goes the other way.:grumble: It is just part of figureing out what to do that makes the scale go down.:smile: But eating healthy and drinking our water is the key.:drinker: :drinker: Also if ya get down just write to your MFP pals as we are all here to support :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, I lost alot in the beginning and then nothing now for over a month.....you are likely to slow soon.

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pounds lost! You might try playing with your calories a bit (upping them some) to see if that gets the weight moving again. You seem to have done that with the special occasions, so just vary it every now and then. Are you eating your exercise calories? A ton of people on here say that helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!