Zumba fitness?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight by doing the Zumba DVDs only. I have since added in some other things for variety but Zumba is awesome and still my most frequent exercise.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I think one of the reasons I've not gotten tired of "working out" is because I mix it up. I plan on going tonight. It is so fun and the class goes by so fast. It's way more entertaining than being on the treadmill. It burns tons of calories too.

Have fun! :happy:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I've been going since the first of the year. Last week, I convinced my teenage daughter to go with me and she loved it also and will go back. Good workout, lots of fun!
  • mrkhoneybee
    Options
    Definitely a lot of fun! Doesn't even feel like you're working out : )
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! It is an amazing and fun workout! Before I fell off the wagon for a number of reasons we won't get into, I was doing Zumba 3 times a week combined with swimming twice a week and weight training/intervals 2-3 times a week. And I can tell you The cardio workout of Zumba is amazing. I lost 65 pounds in 5 months. I know that sounds impossible but please take into consideration I am realllllly overweight. So my body responded like WOW to my new lifestyle.

Glad to say I am back on the wagon and trying to take the weight back off. I start zumba nagain next week and I am soo excited! If you like you can send me an invite. We can support each other on our Zumba filled journeys :) Good luck!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Zumba is amazing! I do it on my Wii 7 days a week, and have been doing so for about a month and a half so far. I think its a lot of fun!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Its a great exercize, just feels like fun and it tones and tightens everything so that as you lose the weight your core is stronger.. Just go and shake it, the more you shake it the sooner there will be less to shake!! Its easy to work at your own level. Dont get over whelmed by all the dances and moves you will see just do your best and keep going.. Soon you will be right in there with everyone else...
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love it. I tried the class in a gym setting but my knees can't handle the twisting and turning. BUT... I found Aqua Zumba at my town's Sport Facility. I found it awesome. You can shake your booty as much as you want without feeling conscious since your lower half is under the water. Jiggle,Jiggle :laugh:
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love it! I just got back from class and my HRM registered 605 cals for 60 minutes! It's by far my favorite cardio workout! Anything else that burns that many calories is not as much fun for me, so I'll be doing it for a long time. I know I can push it even more as my endurance builds up for a bigger burn, but even on days I feel a little sluggish, I still torch about 500 cals. I try to go 3 days a week.
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Anyone try wight loss with dancing zumba?I want to know because begin today I need support with my new exercise!! Let me know please !thanks

I LOVE ZUMBA!! I have a lot of weight to lose, and I've never been a fan of exercise much to my detriment. Last year I began to do Zumba, and I was hooked. I have been losing weight slowly because I've struggled with my eating, but I do believe that Zumba has helped me shed inches. It is so much fun, and I do look forward to this type of workout. I wish you luck and PLEASE know that I'm here for all the support you may need. Let me know what you think about it! :)
  • medmondsx2
    Options
    I do Aqua Zumba and LOVE it. Its just like land Zumba only differents is that you are in the water. I've just got back into it after 6 months so I've been eating right, took 2 classes of Aqua Zumba last week and a few nights dancing to the Wii those Just dance games and have lost -9 pounds and it hasnt been 2 weeks just yet :). I find that I can move easier because I am heavy. Bonus: No one can see you moving in the water only your zumba teacher :):)
  • Npieces
    Npieces Posts: 24
    Options
    A work out with the bore!! I look forward to every class. There is no dragging my feet. I have met several other ladies in my class and we chit chat before and after class now and then. I lose inches faster than weight, but I feel the soreness in my muscles so I know I am gaining the muscle and the pounds withh follow. Enjoy!!!
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba at my gym 1-2 times a week and would love to do it at home too...has anyone tried the Kinnect Zumba Fitness? Or Wii? If so, how did it compare to the in person classes?

Thanks!

I LOOOOVE my Zumba!!!
  • lacygibson86
    lacygibson86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been going to a Zumba class for a year and a half and I LOVE it! You work up a good sweat and have fun doing it. I recommend it to everyone!
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: How does everyone log their Zumba workout on myfitnesspal.com? Please share.
  • zoebea33
    zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    looooove zumba, do it 5x a week on the wii, i use heart rate monitor so log it manually x
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

then enter as a custom workout thingamajigger :D
  • samerzv
    samerzv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for over 18 months, if you find the right teacher is AMAZING, my boyfriend and i go together, we also go to the gym and do other fitness classes but agree Zumba is the best.

You get lost in the music and an hour has past before you know it! soooooooo much fun, and i know it's even bigger in the states than it is here in England, and it's HUGE here!! :o)
  • murphea
    Options
    I am starting Aqua Zumba at my local gym this weekend!
    I am super excited.
    I have done Zumba before and i loved it! And man do you feel it!
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    love love love Zumba! I've been doing Zumba 2 on the Wii for a little over a month and I STILL look forward to doing it EVERY time lol I actually just invested in a $75 paid of Zumba shoes because I have carpet in my house and those shoes don't have tread so they make it easier to do a lot of turns and pivots. The only places that offer classes where I live is the gym, which you have to pay a membership to, otherwise I would go to a live class.