Healthiest coffee creamer??If any!

Options
I have been using Coffee Mate FF flavored creamer for years. A friend and my dr said to try to eliminate the creamer from my coffee. Since it has so much sugar. Problem is milk in my coffee is boring. I only drink 2 cups in the AM. Thats all. Should I keep the creamer or find something healthier? What else could I use? Thanks!

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I usually use 1 tbsp of a sugar free creamer (whatever is on sale), then a tbsp of skim milk, along with a 1/4 tsp of sweet n low. You still get the flavor, but a fraction of the calories.

Also, you can try to switch yourself over to tea as well if you like it.
  • ebiggz
    ebiggz Posts: 11
    Options
    You could also try Stevia which is an all natural sweetener. Sweet n low, splenda and all them other "sweeteners" aren't really that good for you. They are filled with stuff that is not good for the body. Stevia is all natural and comes from a plant. You could also try some sweetened or unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
  • MamaPEEJ
    MamaPEEJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I switched to the Trader Joe's brand soy coffee creamer. I have found it is the best tasting and healthiest substitute for full fat half and half coffee creamer.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=491
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I just switched to a sugar free creamer for medical reasons. I am disappointed that it is not fat free but I still use it. I just started using it so I am getting used to the taste.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I add low fat milk, 1 tsp of sugar and either Unsweetened Cocoa Powder or Cinnamon.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I have been using Coffee Mate FF flavored creamer for years. A friend and my dr said to try to eliminate the creamer from my coffee. Since it has so much sugar. Problem is milk in my coffee is boring. I only drink 2 cups in the AM. Thats all. Should I keep the creamer or find something healthier? What else could I use? Thanks!

I drink my coffee black, but I do like good old fashioned cream or coconut milk in my coffee from time to time.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I got used to drinking mine without creamer but I do still keep a bottle of sugar free for weekends and DF. Measure it out and try to keep it to one serving. I noticed the sugar free seems to be slightly better for you in terms of calories and sugar than the fat free.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Land o' Lakes make a fat free half and half that doesn't have very many calories (compared to other creamers) and if you are not opposed to Splenda, they make flavored ones for your coffee ( I think they are between 5-10 calories a piece). The french vanilla one is delicious! I started using this in my coffee, but it was still about 30-35 calories per cup and I decided I could use that for more food so I just gave up coffee all together. Mornings like this though...I really, really miss it!! (Soooooooo sleepy!)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    coffee mate sugar free. it's not bad.
  • jsnv
    jsnv Posts: 24
    Options
    So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black but you could try some of the flavored almond milk. Its tasty and my daughter loves it in her coffee. It also have twice the calcium as milk and some protein. Another option is to find the sugar free coffee syrups and add them in.
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just put half and half, try it you will get used to not having sweetner in your coffee.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I buy the bottles of sugar free vanilla syrup from Starbucks and put a tablespoon of that along with a full cup of steamed milk in my coffee. Yes, I have a very big cup.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk and sugar free syrups to flavor my coffee.
  • brearune
    brearune Posts: 26
    Options
    COCONUT MILK! and I second Stevia for sweetening. it works great!
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use the coffe mate sugar free vanilla creamer.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    So funny that you posted this. I stopped putting my Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer in my coffee.

Then just last week, I added it back. I figured that i eat great the whole day and I work out everyday, that it was worth the 3 grams of sugar and 3 grams of carbs. I just enjoy my coffee so much more and it is a pleasure.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate Sugar-Free French Vanilla creamer, and it's delicious and low in fat.

Also, I recently switched to Truvia (which is the same as Stevia), a natural calorie-free sweetener that is better for you than sweeteners with chemicals in them like Sweet 'n Low.

I love it! I haven't tried Stevia but it should taste the same.