So... when you decided to get into shape, did you...

Options
VictorianJade
VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
... did you buy new work-out clothes? Did you dig old ones out from under some pile? Did you have to get a new bra (ladies or men... let's be honest, the bro is a useful thing for some)... spill!

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i didnt buy anything, and ive never had real "workout" clothes. i just wear old t-shirts that i would wear camping or something and comfy pants with a drawstring >.> no sports bra, though i could probably use one. i didnt feel like spending an asston of money on one when i started, and even now i dont know that id fit in a normal one (40DD ish).
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I dug out old ones to start with, and then when my size changed I bought new ones.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    i haven't bought anything new workout-wise other than running shoes. just old tshirts/tank tops and stretchy pants. :)
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    Just wore what I had lying around, t-shirts, comfy pants. I did buy new shoes for working out though. New bra or sports bra? I wish!! I'm a small 38B which will probably just get smaller with the weight loss! lol
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I dug out old ones to start with, and then when my size changed I bought new ones.

^^ This!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I wore old t-shirts and Sophies I usually sleep in. Though I'm slowly starting to invest in some cuter workout clothes since I go to the gym nearly every day
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i didnt buy anything, and ive never had real "workout" clothes. i just wear old t-shirts that i would wear camping or something and comfy pants with a drawstring >.> no sports bra, though i could probably use one. i didnt feel like spending an asston of money on one when i started, and even now i dont know that id fit in a normal one (40DD ish).

I was a 38G, and I just bought normal ones and wore a regular bra with two sports bras. Worked for me! I still do that, but I usually only wear one sports bra now (I've gone down to a 34DD).
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I bought new.
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i used old t-shirts, and sweats - I was too embarrassed to go in public with workout clothes, and still am!:blushing:
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used what I had until I lost enough that thoses no longer worked. I now enjoy finding an out fit that both works for the workout and allows me to show off how good I'm doing and improving along the way. Of course most of my workouts are outside of the gym.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd rather spend the money on new smaller sized clothes once I lose the bulk of my weight, so I stuck with old ones.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    No i used regular baggy shirts (like baseball team or old high school shirts) and regular elastic shorts..You really should invest in like 2 GOOD sports bras. i got mine from kohls because they were on sale but they work wonderful! i wouldnt spend crazy money on workout clothes though cuz your just gonna be washing everyday anyways! Hope this helps
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I definitely had to buy new sports bras when I got serious about working out. My girls need heavy construction to stay in place, LOL!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras AND a exercise tank with a built in bra when I work out. I buy a new sports bra every three months or so. And I do buy new shoes every 9 months or so.

I would adivse all women to use a sports bra, no matter what size you are, but especially if you are above a 34C. The more yours breasts move when you run, the more likely you are to rip something or stretch something. Seriously.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I used some old workout pants and t-shirts. I was wearing them up until I started running and that was when I realized I needed clothes they fit. Nothing like clothes falling off of you to realize you should treat yourself to new workout clothes. And a good sports bra has never hurt a lady at all. :bigsmile:
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hit my treadmill at home, so I just grab whatever I have at home. Some thin sports pants and a jogging bra that is too tight but will hopefully feel better soon.

Once I lose the weight I'll go shopping for nice work-out clothes. That'll be my reward :))
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    What? People work out in clothing?
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    See, now, I went shopping on Saturday, and bought workout clothes. The last time I'd had any, I was significantly smaller, and while I had leggings and a couple tees that WORKED, they weren't comfortable... and if I'm gonna be kicking my *kitten* to get into shape, I had to be comfy. So I got a new sports bra (holy hell, they make them in a 44DDD), some T's and a couple pairs of pants that are loose enough to be comfy..... and honestly, have the added benefit of making my butt look fabu.

Spent a ton, but I knew that if I didn't feel good and comfy about being at the gym, I wouldn't want to go... and I'm good at thinking up excuses, so I had to nip that one in the bud.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I bought a few things, and a couple pairs of sneakers because honestly, I never really worked out before.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I usually work out in my living room in sports bra, undies, and tennis shoes! No cute clothes required...less laundry!