Record a weight gain?

Options
Just curious...If you do your weekly weigh in, do you record it if it goes up? Or do you weight until the next week and see if it goes down? I just hate to see the number of pounds lost go down :( I did well all week long and worked out several times. Then I went and had some pizza last night and ruined it!

Replies

• Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haha. I said, "do you weight" instead of "wait". Guess I have weigh ins on the brain!
  • blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would record it, my biggest goal on here is just to be honest with myself. If you record it and keep at it just think how awesome your weight loss next week will be!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Do whatever keeps you motivated. For some folks, total honesty is the way to go, and they record the good, the bad and the ugly. Other folks only record progress. Neither way is right or wrong as long as you are motivated to keep going in the right direction.

Personally, I don't record gains. I only record losses that I have sustained for more than three days.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    As much as I don't like to I add my gains too. Ugh...last week almost everyday ruined my weightloss for this week. Plus AF didn't help either so I think some of this is water weight I gained too. Hope I lose it all plus some by next Monday.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I went up 2 lbs over the past holidays and I logged it.
    What have done though is not log my weekly weigh in if there has been no change in my weight. Seems pointless.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I log it. Personally I think that if you don't log everything, food, exercise, drinks, weigh ins etc whether they be good or bad you are just cheating yourself.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I say log it. If you notice a pattern for a few weeks of an upward trend, it's time to adjust calories in or calories out.
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    After I jump up and down. Breathe in and out. Kick the scale and see if that change the number, then I log it :sad:
  • sunshine77493
    sunshine77493 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The day after a cheat meal like Pizza is probably not a good day to weigh because the carbs and the sodium in the Pizza will cause you to have fluid retention. Personally, I weigh only after a good day sticking to my plan. Also, keep in mind that during times of stress or prior to your menstrual cycle, you are especially prone to fluid retention. Good luck!