The Abs Diet and MFP?

Options
Anyone use the Abs Diet and MFP at the same time? I know the abs diet doesn't require calorie counting...which scares me! But I love what I'm reading about food choices boosting metabolism! If I were to use the Abs diet recommendations for food choices and also log it on MFP, should I set my calorie intake lowered (for weight loss) or maintenance and see how it goes? *The Abs diet claims to offer weight loss while not counting caloric intake.) Curious to see if anyone else has ever done this....

Replies

• levi0823
    Options
    anyone?
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    LOL, there is no ABS diet.

Want to see your abs? Create a calorie deficit for long enough time and lift weights and you'll reveal them.
  • levi0823
    Options
    This is what I was referring to.

http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/

Do I think that alone will give abs? No, but it sounds like a healthy eating "lifestyle". Currently reading the book, but I was looking for input from actual users. :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I read the book. Says the same thing Feed the Muscle Burn The Fat says!
    Eat to lose weight!

Good information really but the truth is any diet done long enough to get body fat down will reveal abs!

Just read Feed the Muscle by Tom Vaneuto.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    In order to achieve "Abs" there is two options;

1) you build up the abdominal muscles a lot so they show(fairly hard)
    or
    2) you burn fat/lower you body fat percentage (easier)
  • levi0823
    Options
    I read the book. Says the same thing Feed the Muscle Burn The Fat says!
    Eat to lose weight!

Good information really but the truth is any diet done long enough to get body fat down will reveal abs!

Just read Feed the Muscle by Tom Vaneuto.

Thanks for the tip. :smile:
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. anyone that says otherwise is selling something.