To thoes with signifigant weight loss

Options
Hello! I have a huge question. at my heaviest non preggers i was 240 and i got up to 265 lbs while pregnant i want to weight between 145-160 and i was wondering...because i was heavy my whole life and i had a baby while heavy will my tummy look awful when i get to my goal weight? or will it tighten atleast most of the way? and is there something i can use to help it? Im only 23 and i fear having an extreamly gross tummy when i get thinner!

Replies

• beautifullyjaded
    Options
    Hello! I have a huge question. at my heaviest non preggers i was 240 and i got up to 265 lbs while pregnant i want to weight between 145-160 and i was wondering...because i was heavy my whole life and i had a baby while heavy will my tummy look awful when i get to my goal weight? or will it tighten atleast most of the way? and is there something i can use to help it? Im only 23 and i fear having an extreamly gross tummy when i get thinner!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    nobody can answer this for you. Everyone is different. at my heaviest I was 209, but my tummy is nice and flat now (I admit, I don't have kids) but I have seen wemen who DO have kids and have lots weight and their tummies look great. I have also seen the opposite. :ohwell: Everyone is different!
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm worried about the same thing. I am 160 now, but I'm only 5'1" and most of my weight seems to be right in my mid section. I've had four kids over the past 15 1/2 years, the youngest being only 19 months old. I think I will have to have a tuck if I really want a nice, smooth tummy, and I am considering it since I will be undergoing breast reduction anyway. Since you are only 23 and have only had one child, I would think your skin would still be fairly elastic. Mine is obviously not, I can tell by pinching and pulling at it, it feels dead to me. I'm 32 and have yo yo'd with my weight a lot too, so I think I have done myself in. You will probably be pleasantly surprised!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last poster, you have your age on your side. Your skin still has alot of collagen in it, so it will probably bounce back. I am 34, soon to be 35:noway: and have one child who is a bit younger than yours. My tummy looks ok from the belly button up, but not as great as I would like from belly button down thanks to the kid! Granted, never had any big plans to wear a string bikini, and will be able to pull of a less skimpy bikini that provides more coverage by summer...but I bet you will be pleased once you lose your weight! I told my hubby this am, this is why women have babies in the 20's vs 30's...collagen. After I blamed him for the stretch marks!
    BTW, love your AV pic..so sweet!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My tummy looks terrible and will likely get worse as I continue to loose weight. I know that as ladies we can be very self concious about stuff like that, but it is worth it. Health wise, and emotionally it is so worth it. I have come to the place where I view my tummy/stretch marks as my badges. They prove that I did the time and earned my right to be called by the sweetest name on earth; Mommy.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!