Granola with my yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Quaker Harvest Granola is soooo delicious and even at regular price its like a 700g box for <$4, still a good deal!
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just had a light key lime pie yogurt with 1 T of Bear Naked Fit granola (which only added 30 calories) and it was delicious!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I mix bear naked granola (whichever flavor you like) & plain greek yogurt
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i used to have granola on my yogurt all the time then someone i know told me that it is hugh in sugar and calories and to avoid it. should i? is that true? or is there a low cal one that is crunchy but yet healthy... and good tasting!
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree with the GoLean Crunch! I personally find even the Cascadian Farms granolas to be too sweet any more. I also like plain old Fiber One in mine for crunch. Enjoy!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bare Naked Fit and Back to Nature. Both Yummy!! I love to add to my yogurt too! :tongue:
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    i used to have granola on my yogurt all the time then someone i know told me that it is hugh in sugar and calories and to avoid it. should i? is that true? or is there a low cal one that is crunchy but yet healthy... and good tasting!

It depends.
    There are many different compositions of granola, just like yogurt, look at the yogurt case at your grocers... some is high sugar (anything flavoured has something like 25+ grams of sugar per serving) if you're using plain yogurt (little to no sugar).... look at your nutrition labels and decide for yourself not just because a friend says somethings high in sugar.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    but what is too much sugar in granola?
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if it's added sugar maybe any, if it comes from the raisins or dried cranberries / raspberries etc I don't "track' it specifically.

its up to YOU what is "too much" sugar, grab 2 bags and compare, the one with the lower grams of sugar would be your option if you don't want that much sugar, then grab another second bag and see which one is lower.

I don't have any underlying health issues that require me to track it
  • opaquewhite
    opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Open Nature Cranberry Nut Goodness... it is SO good, especially with Dannon Light n Fit vanilla yogurt... however I have yet to compare it to see if it's not as healthy as other brands...oops. I also mix a bit of Kashi GoLean cereal (the plain kind that looks like twigs) in yogurt with some sliced strawberries, and it's pretty delicious!
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i love Bobs Red Mill granola because it has no added sugar. just be careful reading the nutrition label because granola is high in fat and calories. i always try to stay under the recommended serving size.
  • Tasha_Star
    Options
    Natures Path flax/pumpkin seed granola...MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I like Open Nature Dark Chocolate Hazelnut, Safeway Select Almond & Honey, and Safeway Select Raspberry Clusters granola. Bare Naked is also really good but pricier than the store brands.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    OMG! I can't believe no one has mentioned Love Grown Sweet Cranberry Pecan!! My fave by far, even over Bare Naked Fit Triple Berry! I use 1/8 cup versus 1/4 cup to 112g of plain yogurt, 6 g PB2, & 1 tsp Agave nectar!! yummo :flowerforyou:
  • cheyniemama
    Options
    Costco has Nature's Path organic granola with pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds in it...super yummy, no added crap.:wink:
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I used to like granola with my yogurt too, then I discovered chopped almonds are much better...no sugar and less calories. Now I add fresh berries and about 1TBSP of chopped almonds..DELISH!!!