One for the money - recast the movie

Options
canroadrunner
canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
I'm a big fan of the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books but I was seriously disappointed by the movie. Did not think the casting was right at all. So, lets recast the movie and you can use any actor living or dead.

Stephanie - Sandra Bullock
Grandma Mazur - Ruth Gordon or Estelle Getty
Joe Morelli - young Joe Mantegna
Ranger - Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson
Lulu - I actually liked Sherree Shepherd but I could also go with Octavia Johnson.

Vinnie - Steve Buscemi
Connie - Debbie Mazur

What are your choices. Also, add some for other characters like Steph's mom and dad.

Replies

• blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It wasn't good? **** CRUSHED****
    I LOVE her books! Although I have only read maybe half of them. I really to get more of them. When i seen a preview for the movie i thought kathryn heigle would be good but i was disapointed in who they chose for joe morelli and ranger!!!!! I was picturing guys a lot hotter than that!!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie this weekend and LOVED IT! However, I haven't read any of the books and now want to, lol.
  • canroadrunner
    Options
    @Blooomers - The guy who played Morelli did not look Italian and neither he nor the guy who played Ranger looked like the type who would make you melt with a look. (However, I could possibly see that guy as Diesel).

I love Debbie Reynolds but she was too classy for Grandma.

And there were some major continuity problems - the setting would turn from day to night to day without any explanation.

kit-katty - I LOVE THE BOOKS - have read all 18 and in the first book where Grandma shoots the turkey off the table, I laughed out loud so hard, the people I was with on the plane thought I was insane. I still laugh out loud at some of the descriptions in her book.
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @kit-katty................. you have to read the books!!!! they are mystery, sexy and HALARIOUS!!!! I always always smile and smack my honey when i'm done with one of her books!!!! it is the type of book that you want to be in it! LOVE EM"!!!!

@canroadrunner.................. in the preview, i thought the guy playing morelli looked a little to weathered. and the guy who plays Ranger, just isn't hunky enough. He should have smoldering eyes and sex appeal that makes you shudder. granted both guys in the movie are not bad looking but i expected more. =)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love those books! I laugh aloud when reading them!

Lulu: Queen Latifa

I have only seen the trailers, I heard the movie was panned....I didn't like who was cast for the roles....especially Grandma, Vinnie looked to young and Joe and Ranger didn't fit the book's description...

Girl with the Dragon Tatoo...awesome movie from a great book!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I saw the movie and felt like it was pretty true to the book.

I agree that I always pictured Morelli as a dark haired, dark eyed italian guy, not at all like the guy who played him in the movie (sorry, I don't watch a lot of movies anymore, so I have no clue who he was).

I also agree that The Rock would have been a killer Ranger. The guy who played him was okay, but not super hot.

I thought that Grandma Mazur was much more elderly and frailish and that's not how she appeared in the movie.

I though Vinnie was casted appropriately as was Lula.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Katherine Heigel did much better at Steph than I thought. Vinnie and Lula were great, Connie was ok. Most other parts need re-cast. I don't agree with all the people that think Sandra Bullock is steph, Steph is only about 30. At one time she would have been good. Debbie Renoylds was cute but not Gma. Anyway, I LOVE the books and thought the movie was pretty good. Laughed a lot.
  • canroadrunner
    Options
    Mom of 3 - The queen would have been great as Lula.

I liked the guy who played her dad. I didn't think the mom was cast correctly - she need to appear a little more downtrodden.

It was like a Grey's Anatomy reunion - Heigl, and the actors who were Ranger, Morelli and her mom all appeared in continuing roles on Greys.