Girl Scout Cookies

Options

Replies

• Opheliac_Xx
    Opheliac_Xx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, and I have no idea what you are talking about! :P Can anyone enlighten me? Do girl scouts go around selling them to raise money for their club?
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are my addiction.
    I used to eat half a tub at a time.. I don't buy them anymore. =/
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ok great, thanks people. As soon as I get home I'm putting the thin mints I have in the pantry in the freezer. Never imagined doing that but you all say they are delicious like that, so now i just have to try. :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The most I've ever eaten is two servings of thin mints. Each sleeve is one serving, right?
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I ordered 11 from one of my pts and am sure I will regret it when I get them. However last year when I ordered from the same girl I ended up throwing some of them away becasue they were open too long and got stale. So I did show some restraint when eating them. Sometimes you just have to eat a cookie. I've been doing Insanity also so this could possibly serve as a reward for me after I do the workout :smile:
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    I've missed the cookie sales for like the last 10 yrs.... I totally don't know how, but I always learn about them AFTER they're sold out or just done selling them. It totalllly sucks!!!!! My absolute favorite are Thin Mints and I've (sadly) eaten a whole box in one sitting alllll to myself and they were soooo good.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I bought several boxes of Do-Si-Dos this year...I'm pretty sure I ate close to an entire sleeve at work a couple of times. I literally can't live without them. I don't go crazy and buy boxes to freeze and stuff, but I do buy at least 3 boxes a year. EVERYone sells them at work, too!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Just say no people!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I'm from the UK, and I have no idea what you are talking about! :P Can anyone enlighten me? Do girl scouts go around selling them to raise money for their club?

bless your heart!! girl scout cookies are the best. they sell them once a year as a fundraiser. someone should send you a box :smile: i may be willing to donate one of mine to the cause. i can't be held responsible for addiction though :smile:
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I used to easily eat a whole box of Girl Scout cookies (any type/any kind) in one sitting. If I tried to be good - it would take me all day - but I still ate the whole freaking box. This year I refuse to buy them. My Hubby keeps telling me how proud he is of me and when we walk by the girls he says - you can do it - so sweet. One of the guys brought a box into work - Tagalongs - I admit I wasn't good - I ate 3 (1.5 servings) - but I logged it into my diary and was happy that is all I did - and that in and of itself took willpower :bigsmile:
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 boxes of Samoas from my little cousin when I was visiting family in Hawaii. My bag was 51 pounds on the return trip and I had to move stuff around to avoid paying an overweight bag fee. Did I just move something, say my curling iron, over to my carryon? Noooo. My BFF and I at BOTH BOXES OF SAMOAS AT THE SKYCAP DESK. The Skycap helped.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's really hard when your husband isn't a sweet person until the girl scout cookies come around and he buys 10 boxes at once. He'll sit and eat half a box in one sitting. :-/
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Frozen thin mints are sinful! And Tagalongs..ohhhh they're so good!

It took EVERYTHING I had to NOT buy cookies at my son's preschool. The owner's granddaughter was selling them for like 3-4 weeks. I saw the sign twice a day. And finally the sign said "Last day to buy cookies!"

I DID IT! :)

It's hard though. I can't keep them in the house. Because moderation with Thin Mints don't work well with me. I think I could easily eat an entire box. I'll regret it a few hours later. But man oh man they're so good!

Same here with the thin mints! frozen us extra delicious!! :P
    I have seriously in the past eaten half of the box in one day. I am almost positive I have eaten a whole box in one day. If I bought those they would ALL be gone.
    But at the same time I feel now I would have more self control and would only limit myself to like...... 2 or 3 a day.... at least I hope I would!
  • natnlj
    natnlj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This was my FB status last week...Slim Fast for Breakfast and Lunch, followed by a SENSIBLE meal of a HALF-TUBE of Thin Mints for Dinner...!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lhiopc0TJM1qbm8ruo1_500.jpg

Edited to Add: Just found out that the Peanut Butter Patties are vegan. There goes that excuse! Crap crap crap.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies sound delicious, addictive though, but delicious! I'm from the UK and while we have girl scouts, we don't have girl scout cookies which is probably a good thing!
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a girl scout....I am in SUPER HELL!

My wife is the troop leader and I am the Cookie Dad. There are cases and cases of girl scout cookies at our house.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I buy them if coworkers are selling them - then I donate them to the food bank. Problem solved =)
  • googster02
    Options
    Yes, every year they fundraise money by selling the most delightful cookies ever. You could eat the whoel box, or two, or three.
  • shandylynn
    Options
    I LOVE Thin Mints. Last year was the first time in years I had any. And I ate a box in 2 days. I'm a bariatric surgery patient now, so no girl scout cookies anymore for me. But those frozen thin mints sound awesome. I never tried them like that!

I did find out that my husband and boys have Little Debbies stashed in our house somewhere. It's taking all I have to not go looking for them...