Drink more water with or without straw?

Options
lorib75
lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
Just wondering if you drink more water (fluids) with or without a straw? I seem to drink more with a straw. I think it's easier to suck it down. I try to force myself to see how much I can drink. :drinker:

Replies

• mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I drink more with a straw. I like lots of ice in my water, so it's just less annoying with the straw. lol
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I totally drink more water WITHOUT a straw.
    Straws don't work well with troughs.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I don't like ice in my water, so I go no straw. No ice-jam to break loose and and send water all over my face & shirt.

JM
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    defininitely more WITH the straw.......lots more in fact!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Definitely more with a straw.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Lots more with one. I find myself getting distracted and chugging half a bottle without noticing, lol
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't use a straw..Just the typical 16.9 bottles or the liter bottle of smart water (which i typically fill up with tap water). i drink more without it. I think it's a personal preference.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    With a straw!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Now that I think about it, I drink more with a straw.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    With, definately!!
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    With a straw!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I say without a straw- and I've noticed I drink more from a large clear bottle versus any other option.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    With straw and ice. I tend to refill more often.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    This is what I use!

main_beer_bong.jpg
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Definitely with a straw. But my other trick is to keep one of those little 10 oz disposable cups right next to my water dispenser. I will fill up one of those and just chug it. I can do 2 or 3 like that back to back 2-3 times a day and get through most of my required water. Then I keep one of those plastic tumblers with the lid and straw on my desk and I sip on it throughout the day. By the end of the day, I have usually drank 80 - 90 ounce of water (10-11 glasses).
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink more with a straw.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Drinking through a straw will give you wrinkles around your mouth (like a smoker).

I prefer to use my straws for other purposes. :smokin:
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I drink much more without, but I wonder if it takes more effort to drink with a straw. Hey, if its a bigger burn I'm all for it :drinker:
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I found out I drink a lot more with a straw because I can sit there and sip at it all day or just leave my water bottle open.
  • effiek
    effiek Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love my camelback bottle with a straw--i drink like 3 times more because of the nub at the top! (boy, that sounds weird!) :)