How have I only had 889 cals today...and not hungry?!

Options
Before I started counting I didn't really eat too much anyway but come on under 1000! I guess I should be happy? Dont worry Im not starving my self! I refuse to go into starvation mode and give up my sweets with no sucess! lol Before my trip ups were fast food and sweets. Now I have been eating extreamly well. At one point was going to school for my RD (registered dietition) but switched to pharmacy...anyway I have a pretty good sense of basic nutrition. Maybe Im just super motivated right now. I really am excited! Any one going though the same?

Replies

• taveragirl
    Options
    Before I started counting I didn't really eat too much anyway but come on under 1000! I guess I should be happy? Dont worry Im not starving my self! I refuse to go into starvation mode and give up my sweets with no sucess! lol Before my trip ups were fast food and sweets. Now I have been eating extreamly well. At one point was going to school for my RD (registered dietition) but switched to pharmacy...anyway I have a pretty good sense of basic nutrition. Maybe Im just super motivated right now. I really am excited! Any one going though the same?
  • taveragirl
    Options
    Yea I know ("starvation mode"). I just find it funny that for so long I would eat so much,snack, have cravings and still feel hungry! Now with a little motivation I realized that I can SURVIVE without that slice of pizza or bag of peanut M&Ms! Lets give it up for a thing called WILL POWER! lol:happy:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have done this once before, it won't hurt anything. That is assuming you don't do it everyday, or often at all. If it happened once a month it probably wouldn't hurt your weightloss at all.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I do this once a month lol...because the first 2 days of TTOM I am not hungry at all and worse I feel sick if I eat. I do try and eat avocados and nuts and I even drink my cals ( orange juice or rice milk) to get them up. It never lasts more then 2 days so I don't worry about it. I have been that way as long as I can remember even when I was thinner.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Hey, what did you eat or do that day to make you feel full? Give us hungry girls a hint!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I don't know about taveragirl but I think for me its just hormones lol. I have noticed thought that the more fats I eat the better i feel and the less hungry I am. I do not buy any lowfat stuff and I eat olives, avocados flax and olive oil and nuts. I went from 6 meals a day to about 4 when I upped my fat. Not on purpose but I just was not hungry and not having blood sugar issues.
  • taveragirl
    Options
    Here is the break down of yesterday for those interested! I had a graham cracker so it brought me to 947 at least! lol:tongue:

Breakfast
    Oneaday - All Day Energy - Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet
    Post Shredded Wheat - Cereal - Original Spoon Size, 0.5 cup
    Berkeley Farms - Milk-Low Fat, 1%, A & D, 0.5 cup
    Bananas - Raw, 0.5 small (6" to 6-7/8" long)

Lunch
    Genuine Muscle Milk - Nutritional Shake- Chocolate Malt, 14 oz

Dinner
    Campbell's - Select Harvest Light, Italian-Style Vegetable, 2 serving

Snacks
    Generic - Nuts-Almonds, Dry Whole, 1 oz. (28g)
    Mann's Sunny Shores - Gourmet Snow Peas, Raw, 0.5 cup (85g)
    Deep River Snacks - Original Salted Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, 12 chips
    Turtle Island Foods - Tofurky Peppered Jurky, 1 Pieces
    Cookies - Graham crackers, plain or honey (includes cinnamon), 1 large rectangular piece or 2 squares or 4 small rectangular pieces

Total: Cal: 947 Carb: 115 Fat: 36 Protein: 54 Sugar: 30 Fiber: 19