SCARSDALE DIET...IS IT HEALTHY?

Options
Hey everyone, I'm in the need of losing weight as fast as I can.
One month ago, someone told me about the scarsdale diet, wich basically consists in NO carbs and a lot of protein.
i did it for the two weeks it lasts and BAM! 14 pounds down. (Of course, I also did excerse)
The first days were so hard because breakfast consists of half a grapefruit and one toast of bread.
Lunches are too light to keep you full and dinners are heavy.
it is just so strange. but it worked for me, so i guess its ok.
Today I started it again but now that I work out twice as hard as I did when I first started scarsdale,
my body is just TOO hungry and sometimes I cant help to eat more.

is this diet healthy? should I keep on doing it? has anyone else done it?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It's a VLCD, since you're only running it for 2 weeks, i don't think it's that bad. As for keeping off the eight you lose, that's a different story
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    The Scarsdale diet? How delightfully retro! (It came out in 1978)

I don't know why you NEED to lose fast other than you waited too long to change your eating habits. For better long-term chance of success I recommend owning up to why you gained and why you put yourself in this "must lose fast" situation. Take your lumps and then make sustainable changes in your diet and activity level that will get you to where to want to be and then maintain it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Any diet that allows you to lose weight that quickly isn't sustainable or healthy, in my very humble, and only slightly educated opinion.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    OMG, a flash back from the past!!! I remember that diet when it was the rage and my mom and I both being on it. I was a kid at the time. I remember the 1/2 grapefruit and dry toast for breakfast!!!!