So tired after walking

Options
Hello,
Well after I go for a 3 mile or so walk I am just so tired after. I usually do my walks about an hour or 2 after lunch, right when the calories are burning. Plus I am a diabetic so that is when I need to excersise the most. Once I finish I am just exhausted and want to sleep. I sit at my desk working trying not to sleep. Is there anything I can do to stop this feeling. Protein shake or something like that that will keep me up.

Thanks.

Stephen.

Replies

• jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Well after I go for a 3 mile or so walk I am just so tired after. I usually do my walks about an hour or 2 after lunch, right when the calories are burning. Plus I am a diabetic so that is when I need to excersise the most. Once I finish I am just exhausted and want to sleep. I sit at my desk working trying not to sleep. Is there anything I can do to stop this feeling. Protein shake or something like that that will keep me up.

Thanks.

Stephen.

Hi Stephen. I too go for long walks, today I've done just over 6 miles in 2 hours. I find that if you go about 30-60 minutes before a meal, when you come back you have time to sit and relax whilst eating too, which obviously gives you a burst of glucose/energy from your food. I never walk after eating, I am always starving when I come back!