am really struggling

Options
Can anyone help i am in need of advise, motivation

I joined fitness pal about 4 months ago and until Christmas I was doing really well and had lost a stone or there about, I decided that over Christmas I would eat what I wanted and start again in the new year, I as expected gained 9 pound but loosed 7 of this in the first two weeks of the new year.

But now my weight is not changing it will go up and down within the week ( I know I should get on the scales everyday but I am clutching to the 0.2 of a pound movements that maybe it is working ) but its not moving overall I have been the same since the 10th jan

I have up’d my game (oh god that sounds a bit reality TV ) I mean I am putting in more effort I go to the gym twice a week and do a boxercise class this involves a lot of mussel building, toning and improving your general fitness (I can now run a mile when I started I couldn’t skip for a minute or even run up the gym stairs)

I try to make sure I have at leased 6 glasses of water and some fruit and veg every day. Most days before I take into account the exercise cals I am coming in under some days up to 300/400 cals under (but never at weekends am always on target or over)

Can everyone offer advise as I am ready to chuck in the towel as I am just not loosing any weight I keep trying to tell myself I would rather be fat and fit but am starting to think its just not worth the effort if I cant loose any weight

Should I eat more ? is it just that I am getting more mussel mass ?

If anyone has any advise or motivation then please post a reply

Thanks
sarah

Replies

• DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Sounds like a plateau to me....

What is your current calorie intake? Can you post a link to your food diary?

Any idea what your calorie burn is weekly due to the exercise you are doing?

What is your current weight? Height? Age?

Let me know, you might not be eating enough....let's take a look under the hood :noway:
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You lost 7 pounds the first week of January? That's great loses for the whole month for me. You are working out hard and that will cause you to retain some water too. I would keep plugging along with eating right and exercising and you will start to see your body change. You are probably losing inches off your body instead of pounds. Keep it up! Good work.
  • Sjhill27
    Options
    hi dave you should be able to see it all now, but in answer 32, about -1200/1400 -205lb and about 450 burn x 2
    have tried to eat all 1600 today
    the weekend i had had enough and had loads over
  • Sjhill27
    Options
    i would nornally be over the moon with 7pound in a month but i think it was just a rebound from christmas