When did you start seeing results?

Options
Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFP. But I started my weight loss journey(for real this time) about a couple weeks ago. So far I've lost 6 pounds doing the 30 Day Shred(I'm on day 10!) and watching my diet. Every morning I step on the scale and it seems like I keep losing more a little tiny bit at a time, which I know is how it should be. I'm really proud of myself for the number going down, but I feel like my clothes still feel the same and I look the same. I know that eventually it will add up and I'll notice...but for now I gotta just keep truckin!

Anyway, how long for you to start noticing your body becoming smaller?

<3 Caitlin

Replies

• RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I kinda was wondering the same thing. I've lost 18 lbs now and other people are just now starting to make comments to me about it. I'm not sure I see a difference yet. I guess it takes longer for us because we see ourself every day.
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had (and still do) a lot to lose - it took about 30lbs before I comfortably dropped a dress size and bought some new outfits. That was when some people started to comment, but it was probably nearer 50lbs when everyone started to say something.

You've made a great start and I wish you continued success!:smile:
  • rbaldovinos79
    rbaldovinos79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way I just started a week ago im afraid to jump on a scale for fear that I may not see a different number then I did the 1st time and give up...I'm thinking about buying the 30 shread since I see so many ppl haev had results.
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's been encouraging for me to see the number go down, but even if it was going down more slowly you have to remember that the 30 Day Shred builds muscle on top of burning fat. I flex my arms now and there's actually muscle building up. It's great. Now I just have to use that muscle to shred(pun intended) off the fat! :) I'm gonna start running along with the shred to get more cardio in.
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym in December of 2010, my weight was 222. I started MFP at 207. I have been consistently logging for almost two months and I'm down to 195ish. I JUST bought a size smaller pants yesterday. I went from an 18 to a 16. Now granted the 18's were tight and now these 16's fit fantastically but my point is it takes time. 6 pounds, while it's a great loss, it won't show much unless you're a tiny person. I think perhaps around 20 pounds I started getting it from women who would notice. Now a few of the guys I work with are starting to notice. Just take it one pound at a time!
  • noimanay
    noimanay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sattellitedrea, We probably started about the same time and I've lost 6 lbs also. I can already tell in the way my clothes fit. Can you feel they are a little more baggy yet?

No one else has complimented me on my shrinking body, but in a few weeks I know they will.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Honestly for me, I first felt it in the clothes I wear before I actually "saw" the difference. I had a pair of jeans that was a 34 waist and that was my comfy jeans. Then soon i needed to start wearing a belt to keep it on and 32w was the size I needed. I am actually down to a 30w but my legs are too thick (probably cause all the jogging) so I feels and fits better around my thigh area to be in a 31w. It is loose around the waist but not enough to fall off.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFP. But I started my weight loss journey(for real this time) about a couple weeks ago. So far I've lost 6 pounds doing the 30 Day Shred(I'm on day 10!) and watching my diet. Every morning I step on the scale and it seems like I keep losing more a little tiny bit at a time, which I know is how it should be. I'm really proud of myself for the number going down, but I feel like my clothes still feel the same and I look the same. I know that eventually it will add up and I'll notice...but for now I gotta just keep truckin!

Anyway, how long for you to start noticing your body becoming smaller?

<3 Caitlin

I was wondering the same thing. I have lost 5lbs so far and haven't noticed a difference yet other than the number on my scale going down a little.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My total loss as of today is 32 lbs (24 on MFP), and I am just now noticing significantly. I'm down two dress sizes. My old pants I can take off without unbuttoning. I just didn't notice it that much until recently.

My arms, thighs, butt, hips, neck, and face are definitely slimmer.

If you haven't done it, start taking measurements and pictures.
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    About every 15-20 lbs I drop a size. As I get closer to my goal, I know I'll drop sizes faster. Otherwise, with smaller weight loss, I notice my jeans/pants get looser and looser, until I get new ones and start over again. Gets bothersome getting new clothes in a weird way, but I just get cheap ones and it keeps me motivated as I can tell they are loosening up.

About 15-20lbs others started noticing. It really helps wearing clothes that fit me. When I tried wearing the bigger clothes, most people didn't comment as much. They just made fun of how big my pants were on me in a nice way.

It just takes time. Keep up the good work.
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    20 lbs for me...
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I only notice the difference visibly if I look at older pictures; I don't see it on a day-to-day basis.

I still have a ways to go, but around the 15 pound mark, I noticed that my clothes fit differently. Around 20 pounds was when I first got comments (from people who didn't know I was trying).
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It had to be around 20 lbs before I could see it and then it seemed like overnight all my clothes were way to big.

Not many people even seem to notice, I've only had a couple people say anything to me. And I totally know the difference I can see it and I've dropped from a size 18 to a size 12!

I was getting discouraged for a little bit because no one complimented me. But now I jsut don't care, I see it I feel it so that's all that matters!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Not until I hit the 15lb mark. No one noticed until I lost 20lbs.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'd say it is about 20 pounds or more for me. It just seems to happen overnight one night b/c one day I wake up and the stuff I have been waiting to fit into fits. Hang in there and know your day will come. Best wishes!:wink:
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think that it takes longer for women to lose weight around their waists because our bodies store more there for "baby protectant." I noticed my thighs, back and chest got smaller first and my stomach has finally started to catch up. Most of the weight that falls off first, I think is the most recent stuff that you have put on (water weight and such). Give it time, maybe around 10-15 lbs you will start to notice. Around 10 lbs is a dress size, I am down about 32 lbs and I have dropped almost 4 pant sizes (I am wearing my old "skinny pants" from 4+ years ago so they are slightly stretched out) but I am able to shop at Old Navy again for pants, which I haven't done in over 7 years. Definately beef up your cardio. I noticed the weight "fell off" quicker when I started doing cardio 4-6 times a week for at least an hour a day. Keep at it, and it will come off. Remember, it takes time to put it on and it takes time to get it off. :)
  • texasroni75
    Options
    I've lost 11 pounds so far and nobody has noticed (not even my dear husband!). I don't talk about the weight loss, just keep going to the gym and planning to try on my "skinny" jeans once I hit the 15 pound mark.

I think the people that see you every day don't notice as much as the people who haven't seen you since you started your diet. I am meeting some friends next week and I haven't seen them since Christmas - I'm thinking they will notice the difference!
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. That's the best way to see the results. I would try weekly or every 2 weeks. When you see those numbers, You will be amazed!
  • megaron01
    megaron01 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed a difference at 10lbs down. I'm able to comfortably wear shirts that were pretty tight a month ago. Also, I may have to get a smaller size belt soon. MFP & my friends here have helped a lot.
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just recently got new smaller clothes and it was the first real time that I noticed the loss. I've lost over 30 lbs since May 2011. It helps to do before, during and after pics. I posted some before and during side by side pics on my fb page and lots of my friends noticed the diff but I couldn't see it...So your not alone that's for sure. Give it some more time and soon you will start to feel and see the change :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!