anyone got some ideas for breakfast

Options
im starting to get hungry here :( usually i have my eggos but their all gone.:frown: .....now idk what i want...i may have toast or cereal..

any thoughts?

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    im starting to get hungry here :( usually i have my eggos but their all gone.:frown: .....now idk what i want...i may have toast or cereal..

any thoughts?
  • dejablues76
    Options
    I am having egg whites w/ zucchini and one slice of turkey chopped up. May be bland to some, but it fills me up for the morning! Good luck!
  • xhanson
    xhanson Posts: 18
    Options
    I always eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast OR a piece of toast (NO BUTTER) with 1/2 grapefuit. I have switched to skim milk (which I thought I could NEVER do) and I've gotten use to it. Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    ill probably be going with the toast. :) im so hungry. off on my way to the kitchen
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've been making veggie scrambled eggs with salsa and 2% cheese on a whole wheat tortilla. Yum! I usually use 1 whole egg and 1 white with peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.
  • phetzgetfit
    Options
    my standard breakfast when I'm not having eggs/fruit/toast:

1/2 cup coarse oatmeal (i like steel cut)
    1 cup water
    1/4 cups slivered almonds or walnuts
    1 teaspoon sprinking either raisins or orange-flavored cranberries or fresh apple diced
    1/2 teap reduced calorie soy margarine
    cinnamon

heat in microwave same setting as heat a beverage

sweeten with a tablespoon of oj or sometimes splenda although i' m trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners and sugar
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    I've been making veggie scrambled eggs with salsa and 2% cheese on a whole wheat tortilla. Yum! I usually use 1 whole egg and 1 white with peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.

that sounds really good. come over and make it for me lol
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

that sounds really good. come over and make it for me lol
    :smile:
  • phetzgetfit
    Options
    i made myself hungry. have to go get breakfast now!

before i go though....when i'm craving bread (or other carbs), I've learned what my body really needs is more protein, not a quick fix with carbs. So you might want to spread some peanut butter on that toast. just a thought,

best wishes
  • Arvg
    Arvg Posts: 3
    Options
    Fruit and lowfat cheese, I usually like strawberries and a low-fat chedder. Moderation is the trick here, also avoid the breads, though if you have to I'd suggest again moderation.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I had Banana Nut Cheerio's....same thing I had for dinner last night!!!:laugh: I have an addiction!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Omelet or quiche and fruit
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I had steel cut oats today, with golden raisins.

I also like having an egg-beater omelet with mushrooms and onions and a small amount of lowfat swiss cheese (cooked with Pam spray)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I had 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese on a whole wheat torilla with a teaspoon of ketchup.

I don't always have the tortilla but this morning I wanted to wrap it up and go.

Normally I'll have egg whites with some ham or turkey chopped up in it and a cup of Danon Fit & Light yogurt.

Because I do most of my exercise in the morning, I've found that I HAVE to eat well or it sets me up to be hungry all day.
  • ZenFit
    ZenFit Posts: 1
    Options
    I definitely dig the steel cut oats or McCann's Sugarfree instant oatmeal as my FIRST part of breakfast, and then I get some kind of good protein to go with it, like morningstar sausage patties sliced up in some cooked egg whites, and if I DON't have the time, I make a shake with this new stuff called Shakeology (shakeology.com) which is SO awesome.
    It's just a GREAT way to start the day.

I am SO grateful for all of the wonderful things I've learned here! This site is AWESOME!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup dry quick cooking oats
    2/3 cup water

Mix together in microwavable bowl and cook for 60 seconds.

Add 1 chopped banana and cinnamon to taste.

Voila!
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    I had Eggos this morning. I put Agave syrup on them and boy they were good.

The other day I measured out 1 oz. of shelled
    walnuts, half a cup of fat free yogurt,
    and about 10 blueberries. Then I cut up an apple.

I figured the total calories was about 300
    and most of that came from the walnuts (have
    to be careful with those) but my point is
    I was not hungry until about 1:00 that afternoon.
    I usually cannot go that long. I think the fiber
    did it. It sure beat a 500 calorie Subway sandwich
    that's for sure.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have been making sandwiches with egg white, low fat cheddar cheese, lean canadian bacon, and whole wheat english muffins. Cook the eggs (keep them to a small size), pop the cheese on to melt, throw the canadian bacon in the pan to brown up, and put it all on the toasted english muffin. I ate one just now. :bigsmile:
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    today I had a strawberries & cream Slim-Fast shake with a banana... 285 calories roughly, maybe 300 if it was a large banana but mine was about medium sized. it kept me full for over an hour. I was shocked :noway:

I will do the same thing until my bananas run out, then switch to apple. even with a chocolate SF shake- it would only be about 305 calories with banana and 255 with an apple.

fruits are supposed to help fill you up.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I only have similar ideas to those that have already posted, but although I ignored it for years, skipping breakfast or being to skimpy on it certainly will make me binge or eat more at other meals or snacks. So here are two that i do which keep myself and bf pretty good until right before lunch.

1/2 cup egg beaters
    2 slices of low sodium bacon or turkey bacon (I use both - depends upon what's on sale)
    1 slice of ff cheese or shredded half of 1/4 cup
    mushrooms, onions, peppers all diced small - I log these in but have no real measurements
    1 thomas english muffin (light) or for less calories and more eggs - la tortilla factory small wrap

OR

1/3 cup of heart smart pancake mix
    1/2 of a no sugar added applesauce cup
    1/2 personal pkg of raisins
    2 tblsp of water
    1 tblsp of ff milk or buttermilk (lowfat)
    microwave the above second recipe for 3 mins and combine with a few sprays of icbinb and sugar free syrup (I tblsp)

Your cals will run at about 300 or so but for those of us who wake up ravenous it keeps me off the carbs within 45 min of breakfast. I hope these helped and I didn't waste anyone's time by going on so long!:tongue: