What do you get from Trader Joe's?

Options
What are some of your favorite foods/snacks from there? I looove their cranberry orange bread but it has SO much sugar in it... At least it's fat free. I like their hummus too. I never really look around when I'm there. I usually just grab what I know I like and head out. But I would love some suggestions on what to get during future shopping trips.

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    Snap pea crisps and Greek Yogurt are my favs from TJs.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I am absolutely in love with their soyaki. Soo good on chicken.
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fresh Salsa!!!! Yum!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    my biggest weakness which is my treat - Mint Dark Chocolate Espresso beans
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    They have really good chili. I hate tofu, but love their tofu chili.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Savory Thins Crackers (rice crackers - so yummy with some Laughing Cow)
    Corn Chips - I think that's the name (so yummy with their corn salsa!)
    Raw nuts (especially cashews and almonds - good protein and fat and low sodium)
    Orange Chicken (frozen section - delicious with brown rice)
    Wine - if you drink, they have a great selection of inexpensive red wines
  • melbellkid
    Options
    sprouted grain bread....mmmm
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's so much that I go an hour out of my way just to do my shopping there whenever I can. :smile: My favorite TJ's snack right now is their 1 ounce goat cheese medallions with their Everything Pretzel Slims. Yum!
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying that I have 3 kids ages 3 - 8 years so most of this is for them. I get bags of organic apples and oranges, organic bananas, sunflower seed butter, organic vegetable broth, different kinds of cheeses, yogurt, milk, frozen organic berries (all types), nuts, olive oil, some spices, whole fruit spreads, wine and bread. They have the best prices on organic fresh fruit versus the grocery stores in my area. I am sure that I get other stuff but this is mostly what I got on our last trip.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Also, watch for their samples so you can try new things. And don't be afraid to have them open something so you can sample it - they'll do that.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Veggie dogs
    The noodle bowls for my husband (they are almost 3 DOLLARS cheaper than our regular grocery store)
    The fiber cereal-or other types of cereal
    Fresh vegetables
    Indian foods, Madras Lentils in particular.
    Papaya Salad-frozen food section
  • bonjolie1971
    Options
    i just found out that a Trader Joe's is going to be opening up across the street from my work. I don't know if I should be excited or scared.....hahahahahaha.:bigsmile:
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love their sparkling water. It's calorie free and comes in a bunch of flavors like Lime, Lemon, Raspberry Lime and Mandarin Orange. I like using it to mix half and half with fruit juice to cut calories or just buy itself. Since I'm gluten free I always pick up their gluten free gingersnaps, they are awesome.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Love TJ's:
    - The teryaki chicken in the frozen aisle is good for quick meals, I dont use all the sauce packet though
    - love the smoked salmon
    - i love their garlic hummus.
    - the soy and flax tortilla chips are delicious and they taste great with the hummus
    - frozen blueberries and rice milk for protein smoothies
    - wine (wine is a snack isnt it? lol)
    - the dark choco covered caramel doodads are delicious
    - triple ginger ice cream
    - thai chili and lime cashews are do good especially if you like spicy
    - sardines in water. i make a quick salad of this, the bagged spinach, beets and a little feta cheese. SO good
    - almond butter!

yeah you really have to walk around the aisles. they have so much stuff there and it's almost constantly changing. i love finding new things to try there. for the most part it's on the cheap side, but they do get you with the prepared foods
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to the Challah bread from there.....OMG it's so, so delicious. I love Trader Joe's!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou:
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I might go there today so bumping for more! :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love trader Joe's and wish there was one closer to me.

Chicken/turkey sausages
    dark chocolate edemame
    flax seed tortilla chips
    triple layer hummus
    pear salad dressing
    goat cheese-regular and with blueberries
    pita crackers
    TJ sprouted wheat and rye breads
    21 seasoning salute
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Spicy Hummus and the Eggplant wraps are my favorite TJ addictions. I do most of my regular grocery shopping there, love TJ's!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The chicken and turkey sausages, dried cranberries and pretty much any of the fresh produce.