Seriously Arby's?

Options
I had class this morning and then a doctor's appointment afterwards. My intention was to take a sandwhich to eat for lunch. After getting the bread slices out, I realized there was no more sandwich meat! I guess my boyfriend finished it off without me knowing. So, I figured I'd grab an Arby's roasted chicken garden fresh wrap. They're fairly new, and the menu at the drive thru says they're under 400 calories.

I get to Arby's after class, and I can't find it on the menu. When I asked about the wraps under 400 calories, the guy said they'd discontinued it. In my opinion, that was the best thing Arby's ever did. I'm not a huge roast beef sandwich fan, and I hate the curly fries they have (back when I ate fries all the time; never went to Arby's). So, I tell the drive-thru attendent "nevermind, I really wanted the lower calorie wrap." He immediately says, "Oh the garden fresh wraps we have now are lower calorie if it's a wrap." I reluctantly agreed and got the roasted turkey and swiss. While sitting outside the doctor's office, eating, I looked it up on my phone. WOW. That thing had 500 calories in it - 40 less than a freaking Big Mac. Seriously? The wrap was lower calorie than the roasted turkey & swiss sandwich, which had over 700 calories, but still. Since I specifically asked about the wraps under 400 calories, I can't believe the guy recommended this. It was NOT low-calorie, especially for lunch. Obviously, I could have avoided this by not eating out, but I had planned ahead and didn't foresee them not having this item anymore. I wish I'd just left like my gut instinct told me to do when he said they'd discontinued what I'd wanted.

Replies

• serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have been having issues with Arby's lately. I have half of a roast beef once in awhile as a treat and the last 3 times the beef has been dry and rubbery to the point where i no longer want the sandwich. Seriously??
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    I get there Jr Ham and Cheddar melt. It is under 400 calories but I can't remember how much. I believe it is under 300.....
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I'm just going to skip Arby's next time and stick with a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A.
  • shellholz
    shellholz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i agree. Went there for dinner just tonight and got what I thought would be the least caloric on the menu. Where they do not provide a nutrition chart I didn't have time to go through the whole menu on MFP. I ordered the Turkey and Swiss sandwich, side salad and a water. I didn't see the wrap until it was too late. I didn't think to ask how it came or what even came on it. It had mayo all over it!l I think they charge by the calorie. They are a little expensive. For what they charge for 1 sandwich meal you can buy a whole loaf of bread and 1lb of deli meat. its a little ridiculous. But Ya when I got to look on MFP it definitely had 700 cals for the whole sandwich!! Very deceiving, shame on Arby's. I ate half and my side salad :(