Ok so what is YOUR main goal in this?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
I mean I KNOW there are VARIOUS reasons why we're doing this...health, feel better, smaller number on the scale, smaller body, etc etc. But if you had one specific little thing to say you're looking forward to...what is it?

Along with everything else of course,
Mine is I can't wait to fit a smaller pair of jeans because I have tons of jeans once I get smaller and can fit that size! haha

Replies

• BrandNewMia
    Options
    I would LOVE to run a marathon, but the training is so time consuming I am not sure if I can commit to that.

Otherwise, superficially, I want to wear something in a size 6 - my dream size. It would be all kinds of awesome if I could say I went from a size 22 to a size 6 :bigsmile:
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hellz yea it would! You look amazing NOW!!
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    I can't wait to put on a swimsuit, and frolick on the beach withOUT feeling self concious..:) I also can't wait to be able to wear ANYTHING in my closet....with NO muffin tops or skin-tight pant legs..:D We can do this!
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    this summer i WILL get my arms out for the first time since I was about 12years old (9 years ago), its crazy to think ive hid them away for so long.
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me, my confidence, and my self esteem, which are all damaged. But I do have a friend's wedding coming up in February 2013 and I so want to wear a beautiful dress for the first time in my life! There will be people at this wedding that have not seen me in like 20 plus years so it's a powerful motivator! I absolutely love clothes and I have not been able to wear my own style since .... well ever really! So I want to find the real me inside this fat coat I have been wearing way too long!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    High blood pressure, high cholesterol and pre-diabetes - all gone. Forever, I'm determined.
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole life. Never ONCE been thin and in shape. I'm doing this to feel good about the way I look...and also for health. Diabetes runs really heavily in my family and I don't dare tempt fate. But honestly, I just want to feel comfortable with my naked body and be able to feel confident in a bikini and any outfit I wear. I don't wanna be known as the chunkier girl anymore. This isn't for anyone but myself. Not trying to impress others, just to tell myself that I CAN change my lifestyle and be in shape! :)
  • lornalozza83
    Options
    Obviously my main goal is to not have the health implication that i know comes with being obese. My whole family has this problem, although i am not as big as them i know that i was on the path to being so. But my superficial goal, is to buy clothes that i actually like, not to choose them because they hide my stomach, or cover my arms, or make my bum look smaller. This would be amazing x
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    6-pack...........that is all
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I too would like to wear sleeveless tops and not be embarrassed by 'bat wings'. I also have high blood pressure. I hate the muffin top hanging over my pants, and being short of breath when walking up the hill to go to the main campus at my work. And my little brother is sick, it made me realize how life is so short. I need to take care of myself so I can be around for my kids and grand kids.
  • ivorygill
    ivorygill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to buy clothes that I really like not only buy clothes that fit which isn't many at the moment!
  • kristilinn13
    kristilinn13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get healthy and to a decent weight so that I can finally begin trying to start a family. I have spinabifida, so adding more weight and strain to my back would be crazy--plus I don't want to risk any complications.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Be Healthy, stop the insanity and be able to accomplish anything I want physically with my body because its not in my way any more.

On a side note as to things I can't really control...a man that loves me because I now love myself..and to start a family. Sadly the only thing I have control of in that equation is the self love side..the man seems to be ever elusive. But the most important thing is above :)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    World Domination
  • tom_servo
    tom_servo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely to wear shorts and skirts if not this summer, then definitely by next summer. I've always been super embarrassed by my legs/butt/hips, so it'll be nice to wear lighter, cooler clothes. Pants in DC summers are truly horrible
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My main goal? To keep feeling as great as I am now. To be able to run and play with my grandkids. To wear that bikini this summer. To just have fun. :smile:
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ok, hope this isn't tmi... and I don't know if I can actually get to this but... I have a small ... bump of ... me, between my actual bottom and my thigh. I'm 5'5" and 140ish, so not too bad, medium boned, but would love to get rid of that! Does anyone else have one of those?
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Have a BMI of 24.8, although 20 is prefered if we are talking about our MAIN goal....

Just want to look fit again in thight clothes, and not feel like a michellin man! :(
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Be super fit and lean, with a toned body.
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    To wear a bikini in 100% confidence and not have to worry about finding ways to mask certain areas of my body with my clothes (i.e. love handles --> my nemesis). I also want to be able to see how toned and strong I am. I know it's there because I can feel it. It's just hiding under a small layer of fat that will be gone soon enough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!