To introduce myself...

Options
My name is Neha (Pronounced Nay-ha). I am 19 years old (I will be 20 in June). Currently I am a second year university student who will be applying to med school this September.

I want to lose weight because I have been battling self esteem for a long, long time. And it's gotten to the point where I do not like looking into the mirror every morning. So I said to myself, 'if you don't like it, change it.' Which is precisely what I am doing now.

Currently I am incorporating a high-protein diet (trying to cut down on the carbs, but I had a wrap for dinner - I've only started it today, so I'm going to ease myself into it).
Exercise-wise, I'm planning on doing an hour a day of cardio (of some sort) and 3 days a week, I shall be doing strength/resistance exercises (only against myself, I do not have access to a gym currently).

Over the summer, I gained 20lbs in 3 months. Which really hit me hard (it was due to the appetite increasing effects of a certain injection I had, and loss of self control). I've since kind of lost that 10lbs, just from running around and getting back to a normal eating routine (I normally only eat once a day). But I went home, binged, came back, and found I had gained 5lbs. Which I did not like.

So starting today, I will: incorporate more lean protein, less carbs, no carbs after 8, and limit the sugar to a low amount.
If anyone has any quick and easy meal recipes that aren't too high cal or high fat, I'd really appreciate it.
For my exercise, I plan on doing interval running (alternating between running, jogging and walking for now). Which I did for an hour today. And I will also be starting strength exercises on Wednesday.

Currently I am 135lbs. I want to get down to 115-120 (my ideal weight). I don't know how long it will take, but I hope I get there.