I'm back!

Options
phew, i've been away 2 weeks too long! i started waking up at 6am in the morning everyday (or at least tried to) and i have half an hour yoga session with my NDS and half an hour walk alternately. I lost 2pound in a week, i'm happy!

but now i have a serious problem... my calves are hard as rocks! particularly this morning i had a serious cramps in my right calf and its still hurts after 12 hours... what am i doing wrong? :(

Oh and it's half an hour after earth hour here. ^_^

Replies

• Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    phew, i've been away 2 weeks too long! i started waking up at 6am in the morning everyday (or at least tried to) and i have half an hour yoga session with my NDS and half an hour walk alternately. I lost 2pound in a week, i'm happy!

but now i have a serious problem... my calves are hard as rocks! particularly this morning i had a serious cramps in my right calf and its still hurts after 12 hours... what am i doing wrong? :(

Oh and it's half an hour after earth hour here. ^_^
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What do your sodium, potassium, and calcium levels look like--are you meeting your RDA? Water as well?
  • Aril
    Options
    Water is definately at least 2 litres a day, but i have no idea how'd i find out about my RDA... in fact, what's an RDA? Thanks for replying though :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Recommended Dietary Allowance.
    It's important to get enough sodium and potassium (electrolytes) for proper nerve function, and calcium for proper muscular contraction and relaxation. Problems with any three can cause painful cramping. You can use the Reports tool to check how much of each you're getting.
  • Aril
    Options
    thanks songbyrdsweet for the answers, guess its bananas once a week for me! :D