Preparing for a race

Options
I am preparing for a race in July. The race is 6.2 miles, I have to admit I am a little nerveous. Today I ran 5.24 miles. Yesterday I ran 4 miles. I have never like to run. When I was younger being thin came natural I never ran or worked out. I didn't think I needed too. But now that being naturally thin is thing of the past, I do a lot of things I didn't think I would ever have to do. Like counting calories, watching what I eat, and drinking lots of water. I am so inspired today, I really see myself reaching my fitness goals. Say a little prayer for me that I use wisdom and don't try to do to much. My real goal is to inspire others. :smile:

Replies

• daisye
    daisye Posts: 22
    Options
    I am preparing for a race in July. The race is 6.2 miles, I have to admit I am a little nerveous. Today I ran 5.24 miles. Yesterday I ran 4 miles. I have never like to run. When I was younger being thin came natural I never ran or worked out. I didn't think I needed too. But now that being naturally thin is thing of the past, I do a lot of things I didn't think I would ever have to do. Like counting calories, watching what I eat, and drinking lots of water. I am so inspired today, I really see myself reaching my fitness goals. Say a little prayer for me that I use wisdom and don't try to do to much. My real goal is to inspire others. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! It sounds like you are more than ready for a 10K! :bigsmile: I was never a runner until about 3 years ago and now I love it! :heart: I'm doing a half marathon in 2 weeks... can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    You'll have so much adrenaline on race day that I bet you'll be able to finish it.
    Plus, you'll have a really good time. :flowerforyou:
  • daisye
    daisye Posts: 22
    Options
    I know you will do a good job, let me know how it goes. I will be routing for you. :wink: