will you gain weight going under your calorie goal?

Options
124»

Replies

• skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BUMP.... u ask a good question it wasnt complicated to me i totally understand what ur wondering !!! and hope we find an answer !!! :O)

[/quote]
    no i eat more than 600 a day, i eat 1000-1300 calories a day i've even went over...but when i workout and put that in my food diary it says i have like 700-800 left. not all the time does this happen, but i guess i made my question really complicated... i guess i'm just wondering is it bad to burn a lot and have that much left over??
    [/quote]
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    TOO SHAY!! I love it !!! :O)
    sara look do wat best for u ok. cus none of these ppl are doctors or professionals ok. we cant do your journey only you can. they will give you advice the way they are doing ok. not everybody way is the right way for everybody else. i suppose to eat 1500 cals a day but sometimes i eat 1026 n sometimes ill eat under a 1000 n my dr say im doing good. he told me to listen to my body and dat wat i do. i used listen to ppl but i came to realize nobody can run my journey but me. so do wat best for u. if u think ur not eating enough then eat a lil more but if u think ur doing good keep going. there isnt a perfect way to lose weight. its only ur way. listen to ur body. thats ur real critic.
  • nikolaim5
    Options
    As a man of science I'm tempted to look at the data and jump on the "eat more" bandwagon but it's different for everyone. My GF for example, is 5'7, 112ish, and spends her days running around after other people's children. She sustains on very little food. I used to give her crap for it and tell her is was not healthy etc, but she remains the same weight and continues to have plenty of energy to keep up with the little *kitten* all day long. Go figure. If you feel ok and have plenty of energy you're probably good to go.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Or this

Skinny-Fat.jpg

I know which I'd choose ;)

Or this
    enhanced-buzz-3094-1283038148-28.jpg
    At least she looks more like a female that the muscular chick

I'd still choose the 'muscular chick' :drinker:
  • Alceriniel
    Options
    Given the foods you are listing I can only assume you may be logging your foods incorrectly. A single egg has at least 60-70 calories, and unless your salad is nothing but lettuce, you should be getting more calories there as well.

The question as far as "am I eating enough" is this: "Am I hungry all the time? Am I suffering from dizziness, listlessness, or abdominal pains?" If the answer is yes, then you need to eat more and are probably putting yourself into starvation mode (where you body will store anything you put into because it thinks you aren't going to be eating anytime in the near future); however, if the answer is an HONEST "No." then you may be eating enough that your body is satisfied and is burning stored fat cells as needed for extra energy.

I eat roughly 800-1200 calories a day. I'm not tired, and I'm full of energy. I have more than enough energy to do my workouts, walk my dog, and go to work and NOT feel tired at the end of the day. I don't walk around hungry, and if I do get hungry, then I eat something. I am showing no signs or symptoms of malnutrition or suffering from any dizziness or side affects of not eating enough.

If you have real concerns about your diet, then I would suggest speaking with a Nutritionist. But if you are honestly feeling healthy and full, and are suffering from absolutely no loss of energy and are emotionally stable, then you may very well be okay.
  • dlaw216
    Options
    Thanks to all of those noting to hit at least the main goal (the one you set) and/or part of what you "earn back". I have been racking my mind for the last few days wondering what the heck was going on with this.