Yoga

Options
So I tried yoga today for the first time and I absolutely love it! My legs feel amazing. I definatly reccomend trying it, no matter your size... I bught a video from ebay for plus size yoga so the poses are better suited. Give it a shot!

Replies

• chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    So I tried yoga today for the first time and I absolutely love it! My legs feel amazing. I definatly reccomend trying it, no matter your size... I bught a video from ebay for plus size yoga so the poses are better suited. Give it a shot!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    I've never tried the plus size yoga but I have tried bikrham and regular and the strecthes are great but the whole concentrate and breathe stuff I can't get. In downward dog, I always begin to think about my to do list...lol glad you like it though
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVVVVEEEE Yoga!!!! :love: It's pretty much the best thing EVER!!! :happy:
  • carrie11777
    carrie11777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yoga is great for body awareness and appreciation...also is great for stress reduction...which can help with overeating due to stress.
    I Love it also!
    Good luck with your goals.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Doing P90X and at first was skeptical about yoga. Now I think it's awesome and I doubt you'll hear too many 250 lb dudes saying that.
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Doing P90X and at first was skeptical about yoga. Now I think it's awesome and I doubt you'll hear too many 250 lb dudes saying that.
    :bigsmile: im glad u like it too
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I've been meaning to try to go to the yoga class at the gym, sounds like I should try it.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love yoga! I was never a couch potato; I just work from home at the computer and developed really bad habits.

When I first started to try to get in shape again (about a month ago), I tried these "beginner" videos and I was wiped by the time the "warmup" portion was over. And when I tried finishing it, I was too sore the next day to move ... I ended up finding Yoga Zone and it felt so good, I've been doing yoga every day since.

These days I'm doing power yoga every morning and either yoga or classical stretch in the afternoons. I have both Rodney Yee and Yoga Zone dvd's so I switch things up quite a bit during the week. Most importantly, I'm getting fit .. I'm finding muscles that weren't there before and my tight pants are gonna graduate to my everyday pants in another week or two!
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    YOGA YOGA YOGAAAAAAAaa I love it too!!!!!!

I have been doing the Biggest Loser weight loss Yoga and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Bob harper does it and he does a great job! IF you like Yoga and want to lose weight too this is the way to go in my book!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

jenny
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have Yoga Zone, does anyone recommend any other names? I'd like to switch it up, getting a little tired of the routine and I'm not so good at remembering poses to do without a dvd :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Oh gosh, I have nearly a dozen Yoga Zone videos and they're all very different. I have the one for backs, abs, flexibility, total body, weight loss, sculpt, conditioning and stress release, strengthen and tone, and power yoga for beginners (the power yoga intermediate is in the mail).

I enjoy Sarah Ivanhoe. She has this yoga burn which is a hard 40-minute workout.

Some of the Rodney Yee's are more in-between. I have his Power Yoga for strength, flexibility, and stamina. The strength one has a few difficult poses that I can't do yet (some back bends and poses that make you support your whole body on your arms). But the flexibility and stamina are decent 20-25 minute workouts without too many "fancy" poses (just prepare to really sweat with those).

I kinda rotate through the videos, doing a few one week and a few another. I also do Classical Stretch 2-3 times per week because it helps with the yoga.
  • stimpy6298
    Options
    last night was my first Yoga class and it was great!! I had worked out that morning and it was the perfect thing to stretch and loosen my muscles. I was even contemplating going to the chiropractor this week but my back feels a lot better after last night.
    I also wore my HRM and actually burned 287 calories. That was a big surprise but I did see my heart rate go up pretty good during some of the moves.
    That will be my class every Monday evening from now on.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Still waiting for my HRM. I know I'm burning more than MFP is estimating with my yoga, hehe. Oh well, don't need to eat more calories, it would just be nice to know how hard I'm actually working.
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    biggest loser weight loss yoga is awesome!!!! I know I burn a pile of cals doing it!!!

jenny:happy: