30 Day Shred + Big belly????

Options
So I have started the 30 day shred, today was my 3rd day. I know it is suppose to be hard which I am perfectly fine with. My only concern is my belly. When I do the jumping jacks and jump rope parts, I feel like I need to hold my belly from bouncing so much. Today it almost felt like I tore something. The thing is my belly is really flabby and when I bend over you can tell that it is surface fat it just hangs and you can see my real shape underneath. I'm not sure what exactly to do. Sorry for the image..lol... just not sure if there is something I can do to help the bouncing and pulling or just have to deal with it till its gone???

Replies

• Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Maybe just take it easy when jumping but really get at those abs work outs! Just an idea...
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Compression pants are an excersing girls best friend :)
  • meganwolsker
    Options
    If you're feeling like that maybe an abdominal binder might help to give you some extra support. I'm not sure how much it would "breath" when you get sweaty and what not, but it might be worth a try.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    You can get a neoprene waist trimmer belt from Walmart, Target, Amazon, Walgreens, Ross, Marshalls, and etc starting at around $5. They not only hold you in comfortably, but they also help melt the fat during workouts in that area. Hope this helps.
  • abschool
    Options
    Do ab exercises. Planks might especially help with this because they work the muscle that holds your belly in. :) Google that muscle, I forgot what its called. Its the one you use to suck in your belly.
  • martadeneen
    Options
    I wear a cami that is a shaper...that might help while exercising!!! I wear it while working out if I'm wearing a smaller t-shirt and don't want my rolls to show!!!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Tighter workout clothes! I had the same issue with the jumping jacks. My belly and boobs. I got tighter clothes and sports bra and it makes a HUGE difference.
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I say get the ab waist belt. I use it mostly everytime I work out. Helps we sweat and give me secure control from my jiggle.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I have a larger size belly as well as larger breasts. The jumping jacks particularly are difficult the way I "flop" around. Unfortunatly, the belly moves as well.

I'm only completed day 2 so far. I have to say, I would have quit the JJs, but then I heard Jillian say that she had 400lb people doing JJs, so I figure the belly flop was not so unique to me.

Best of luck!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts/pants or those Fat Free Dressing Yoga pants that have a "slimming" panel (works just like compression shorts and they're $20 at Costco!) Keeps the belly from slapping you in the face.
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, my youngest just 6 months so I know all too well about the flabby belly. Spandex was made for this only!! I wear black spandex pants for my 30DS and pull those pants up to my rib cage, it helps a lot with the jiggles!!
  • ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a larger size belly as well as larger breasts. The jumping jacks particularly are difficult the way I "flop" around. Unfortunatly, the belly moves as well.

I'm only completed day 2 so far. I have to say, I would have quit the JJs, but then I heard Jillian say that she had 400lb people doing JJs, so I figure the belly flop was not so unique to me.

Best of luck!

hahahahahaha thats the same reason why I kept doing the JJs too!! Thanks!!
  • ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I will definitely look for tighter clothes and belts that can help control it. I know that I can definitely do all the exercises no problem if that was under control! .. I definitely have a lot of strength in my abs I know that it is just the stuff on top of them keeping them safe from harm..hahahahahaha ..... Again Thanks everyone!!!
  • Danielle8706
    Danielle8706 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wear a girdle under my workout clothes. Well its really like a support tank top I got mine at walmart in the underwear section. I have a big hanging belly now I can do everything comfortably, tight fighting clothes didn't help me too much. Deffinatly a life saver !
  • Brookiecbaby
    Options
    i love the thirty day shred! it works really well within a week or so your stomach should start to tone up a bit
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

Oh dear me, I have the same problem! I don't see myself as too big either but my belly flap flops all over when I do the JJ and I hadn't noticed til this morning really. Ugh, between the boobs and belly bouncing around I'm sure I burn a lot more cals right? LMAO
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OH my I have the same problem, the belly is getting better as I have just stuck with it. I did however have to purchase a sports bra. It fits rather tight but it does the job.