It's been an awesome week

Options
mccdl34
mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
I hate to brag because next week will probably turn around and bite me, but this is the best week I've had for a long time. I was doing great a year ago, losing 28 pounds, but then my dad went in the hospital and eventually passed away, we went on several vacations, Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went, and before I know it I've only lost a net of 6 pounds in a year and a half. Realizing that has apparently given me some self control back, because I have only gone over my calories for the week by 34. I've also done pretty good on the sodium, and drank 7 or 8 cups of water every day. The end result is I'm down 6.8 pounds for the week. Unfortunately, it's the weekend, and those usually kill me. I also need to stop and see my mom, and that's also a killer. But I'm hoping this new self control sticks around!

Replies

• mccdl34
    Options
    I hate to brag because next week will probably turn around and bite me, but this is the best week I've had for a long time. I was doing great a year ago, losing 28 pounds, but then my dad went in the hospital and eventually passed away, we went on several vacations, Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went, and before I know it I've only lost a net of 6 pounds in a year and a half. Realizing that has apparently given me some self control back, because I have only gone over my calories for the week by 34. I've also done pretty good on the sodium, and drank 7 or 8 cups of water every day. The end result is I'm down 6.8 pounds for the week. Unfortunately, it's the weekend, and those usually kill me. I also need to stop and see my mom, and that's also a killer. But I'm hoping this new self control sticks around!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know what you need to do and are doing it!!!!! Good luck to you! Stay strong!! You can do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I understand those obstacles. Seems like every time I get on a good roll life intervenes. Keep up the good work and stick to it.

:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you are doing a very awesome job. Keep up the great work.
  • mccdl34
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. You're right, Losing_It, I know what to do. It's the doing part that's hard! As an update, I managed to stay under for calories both Saturday and Sunday, and when I stopped at my mom's, I didn't eat a single thing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!