Peanut butter Dip

Options

Replies

• MarilynC1956
    MarilynC1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too! Love peanut butter. This sounds great!
  • madi35
    madi35 Posts: 24
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • deanaimee
    deanaimee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Verbalcody
    Verbalcody Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter but it is one of the most calorie dense foods you can get... 100 calories in a tablespoon

This recipe is peanut butter and whipped cream... this is not healthy in any way, even with fruit. What is this, McDonalds? My count has this healthy snack weighing in at about 1600 calories if you ate it all. Watch it.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This sounds fabulous! Can't wait to make it. Thanks for sharing!:wink:
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • myangel143419
    Options
    The serving size is only 1/4 cup of dip. since it makes almost 4 cups, it is a great treat instead of cookies, candy, or other junk food and if you eat it this with pretzels, you get that salty and sweet that I know I love.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I saw peanut butter and came to this post.

LOL -- the three things that drive hits to a thread on MFP:

Peanut Butter
    Underwear
    B**bs

And this looks DELICIOUS - thanks for posting. Just thinking could get calories down even more with PB2.. hmmm
  • myangel143419
    Options
    It calls for 3 tablespoons which is 1/4 of a cup (300 calories), i tub of fat free sugar free whip cream (10 calories for 2 tablespoons, approx 16 servings in a tub so 160 calories) then 1 6oz fat free vanilla yogurt (100 calories) so if you add it all up it comes to 560 calories for the whloe dip, depending on the peanut butter you use as well. On weight watchers, a serving (1/4 cup of dip with 1 whole apples comes out to 2 points plus!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I saw peanut butter and came to this post.

Oh yeah - peanut butter makes everything better!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bump.....

so appx 35 cals for a 1/4 cup......not bad for that sweet treat!

thanks for sharing!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think straight peanut butter, or maybe peanut butter and the yogurt would be healthier. What is in CoolWhip anyway?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It calls for 3 tablespoons which is 1/4 of a cup (300 calories), i tub of fat free sugar free whip cream (10 calories for 2 tablespoons, approx 16 servings in a tub so 160 calories) then 1 6oz fat free vanilla yogurt (100 calories) so if you add it all up it comes to 560 calories for the whloe dip, depending on the peanut butter you use as well. On weight watchers, a serving (1/4 cup of dip with 1 whole apples comes out to 2 points plus!

A quarter cup is 4 (FOUR) tablespoons, not three. There are 16 tablespoons in a cup.
  • flbutler
    Options
    I am going to try this. Have been craving a PBJ sandwich!
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    love me some peanut butter!!:love:
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you had me at "peanut butter" :)

^^This ... xx
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and apples and here is a healthy dip to get you eat more fruit. Also great with pretzels!

1 container (8oz) of fat free cool whip
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    1 6ox container of fat free vanilla yogurt
    Ground cinnamon to taste

Mix peanut butter and yogurt together until well blended. Then fold in whip cream till belended. Do no over blend. Then sprinkle ground cinnamon to taste. Serve with your favorite apples, vegetables, and pretzels

YUMMO!!!!!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    PB bump!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    nom...bump...nom...

I have had many flavor variations on this and it is ALWAYS yummy!!!!