First half marathon

Options
Hey guys! I just ran my first half a couple of hours ago! It was so such a great experience. I run often but usually not more than 7 miles, that extra 5 miles was challenging. I had so much fun I'm ready for the next race! Woo-hoo! I would encourage everyone to run a race and finish it no matter how hard it is because it is such a confidence booster.

Replies

• jaymee85
    jaymee85 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey guys! I just ran my first half a couple of hours ago! It was so such a great experience. I run often but usually not more than 7 miles, that extra 5 miles was challenging. I had so much fun I'm ready for the next race! Woo-hoo! I would encourage everyone to run a race and finish it no matter how hard it is because it is such a confidence booster.
  • dezmoore
    dezmoore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    CONRATULATIONS!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!

that is a great accomplishment, WTG:smile:
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm hoping I'll be saying the same in September!
  • jaymee85
    Options
    Good luck to you in september blackmamba!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm running my 3rd half marathon in 2 weeks... can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you in september blackmamba!

Thanks! :blushing:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    congratulation!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: That is such a milestone!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm going to be running my first one in June! :smile:
  • jaymee85
    Options
    I am so sore today after the marathon. I feel energized and want to get out and about but my body is moving slow! Blah!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Nice job!! It is a great accomplishment. After my full marathon I could hardly walk for about a week. Going down steps was the worst. I figured out that it really helps to walk down the steps backwards, not nearly as painful.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    great job! I can only imagine the rush you're feeling! :smile:

if I ran or even jogged, any length, I'd be experiencing knee pain for a long time after.