How do you fight afternoon SWEETS cravings?!

Options

Replies

• lizzybethanne
    lizzybethanne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So...i've noticed that in the afternoon....a short while after my lunch...as I'm sitting at my office desk waiting for the workday to end...I get HUGE SWEETS CRAVINGS!! Most days I can avoid dashing towards the candy dish in the other room...but somedays I give in..:(
    What are your secrets....aside from guzzling water (which I do all day). :)
    Atkins has a line of Endulge snacks I keep them in my desk @ work and I eat half if the urge hits and you can save the other half for the next time you crave swwets!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Don't fight it.... Give in - BUT make a smarter choice.

Mine is lo-calorie mints OR, if that is the trigger, brush your teeth with or keep mouth-wash mint flavour nearby ... I don't know if this is universal but it works for me to tell my brain / body - "ENOUGH" !

I am full from lunch right now but I have the sweets cravings, so off I go !
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    Oh you are all FABULOUS!! Thanks for the tips and ideas.....today I will be READY! :D
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I make sure to include something sweet with my lunch (i.e. fruit, yogurt) and I eat that last so the last taste in my mouth is something sweet.

After that, I make sure to have fruit or other "approved" sweets around and try those before I eat something like a chocolate bar.

And if things get desperate, I have a stash of hershey's milk chocolate kisses (~ 30 cals/each) and I'll have one of those and make sure that while I'm eating it, I'm focusing on how good it tastes and enjoying it. Mindless eating just means I eat extra cals, so I try to really enjoy what I'm having.
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    These are all great tips..:) I bought a bag of dark chocolate mini Dove squares and had my husband 'hide the bag'...and if I ever need something sweet, I'll ask for one. :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I make these cupcakes that have 101 calories total with icing and 1 gram of fat along with 2 grams of protein :) Delish!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Have something sweet, just in moderation, everything in moderation!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I have a good protein:carb ratio for lunch, I don't have afternoon sweet cravings - just a thought. a good ratio for me is 1:2 or higher on protein.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For me, it is sugar free gum plus extra water
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit with a small piece of cheese or sometimes..................wait for it.................a diet soda:bigsmile:
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    So...i've noticed that in the afternoon....a short while after my lunch...as I'm sitting at my office desk waiting for the workday to end...I get HUGE SWEETS CRAVINGS!! Most days I can avoid dashing towards the candy dish in the other room...but somedays I give in..:(
    What are your secrets....aside from guzzling water (which I do all day). :)

OMG..I was just about to post the SAME question!!

Thanks for sharing :)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Tea. I like the lipton green tea that is cranberry pomegranate flavored. I also keep around the 90 cal fiber one brownies and a few of the fiber bars as well.
  • Tawny13
    Options
    Water and cinnamon supplements. Seriously.

What is a cinnamon supplement, never heard of it.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Well . . . . Special K came out with these awesome Granola Bars? I think cookies! They are called fruit crisps and they are in the granola bar section. I love them! I was kind of questioning them, because they are only 100 calories. BUT WOW! They are yummy!!!!!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I drink fruity herbal teas with milk.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, everyone.

I like the Edy's single serve slow churned light ice crem cups -- or Kozy Shack rice pudding cups.
  • lindsayleigh82
    Options
    I like chocolate flavoured cheerios or sugar free jello, the cheerios are nice cause they are crunchy and my baby snacks on them with me so it's easy.
  • hannah0809
    Options
    An apple and a tablespoon of peanut butter! The sweetness of the apple and the texture of the peanut butter has a caramel effect in the mouth. It's about 175 calories or so. Plus the fiber from the apple and the protein from the peanut butter makes it very satisfying.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Baking something in a healthy way :P
    Check out my site for recipes and if you feel like add me as friend :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    100 cal Kettle corn popcorn OR a cup of of hot cocoa :-) Probably not the healthiest thing.. but its low in calories and gets the job done.

On a healthier side- a protein bar, or fruit salad