Rollar Coasters...

Options
Appletini
Appletini Posts: 32 Member
I don't know how many people can relate to this experience, but last January I had family in town that insisted we go to Busch Gardens. While there I could not fit into some of the ride's buckles/harness over head things (even in the modified seating). The reason for not fitting was barely, but none the less I could not ride. It was utterly humiliating to have a 16 year old ride attendent pushing down on the seat like she was trying to close an overstuffed luggage.

I have always been overweight and attempting to diet, but ended up at my highest this past January. That experience threw me in a bit of a rut and was the impetus for my stricter and more focused efforts this year.

Yesterday I went to Universal with friend's from college on spring break. I was so apprehensive about going to the park and not fitting into the ride in front of friends. After losing nearly 25 pounds, I fit into the rides nicely! I mean, the buckles were still stretched all the way, but even when I wasn't in modified seating they fit!

It made my day! ...and helped me resist the more horrible park treats!

Thanks for all the inspiration and support MFpals have lent!

Replies

• Appletini
    Options
    I don't know how many people can relate to this experience, but last January I had family in town that insisted we go to Busch Gardens. While there I could not fit into some of the ride's buckles/harness over head things (even in the modified seating). The reason for not fitting was barely, but none the less I could not ride. It was utterly humiliating to have a 16 year old ride attendent pushing down on the seat like she was trying to close an overstuffed luggage.

I have always been overweight and attempting to diet, but ended up at my highest this past January. That experience threw me in a bit of a rut and was the impetus for my stricter and more focused efforts this year.

Yesterday I went to Universal with friend's from college on spring break. I was so apprehensive about going to the park and not fitting into the ride in front of friends. After losing nearly 25 pounds, I fit into the rides nicely! I mean, the buckles were still stretched all the way, but even when I wasn't in modified seating they fit!

It made my day! ...and helped me resist the more horrible park treats!

Thanks for all the inspiration and support MFpals have lent!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome, keep up the great work.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :drinker: YEAH!!
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    It may be the hormones, but that story brought a tear to my eye! I am so glad that you not only made some changes in your life that you feel good about--but that you decided to go back and try roller coasters again. Now you have the satisfaction of knowing that YOU did it! You made some improvements and have been successful. Good job!
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Excellent!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • Appletini
    Options
    thanks y'all!
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    congrats, im hoping to hit that point as well, i love rides, but a few years back had the same experiance and never wanted to go back after that. Hopefully if not this summer, i know by next summer i will be ready too :drinker:
  • Appletini
    Options
    congrats, im hoping to hit that point as well, i love rides, but a few years back had the same experiance and never wanted to go back after that. Hopefully if not this summer, i know by next summer i will be ready too :drinker:

Thanks!

You most definitely will and I want to hear about it!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    This is a great success. I had a point where I wasnt fitting into rides very well. It makes you feel horrible. You've done such a great job! you should be proud!

:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!