de-STRESSing techniques????

Options
does anyone have any techniques they'd like to share to get rid of minor stress/frustration. It is beginning to become a problem for me and I would really like some ideas on how to deal with it.

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I take Prozac. ;) I have heard a handful of walnuts has the same effect as a mild antidepressant, as does 45 minutes of moderate exercise.
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    interesting, ive heard the same about eating proper "stress" fighting foods
  • Trilaina
    Options
    I meditate just before I go to sleep at night, and I also walk slowly, instead of the normal pace I would go at. It forces me to relax and just slow everything down.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    stretch in the morning upon waking. swimming...if you live on the coast, take a trip to the shoreline, that always does it for me.
  • foremaar012
    Options
    I work out a little longer, stretch and breathe in a quiet place, and then sit in the sauna or steam room....followed by a nice vodka diet tonic ( if i'm super stressed...i know bad bad bad)
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I listen to classical music on a very low volume on headphones as I'm falling asleep. The fact that I can barely hear the music forces me to focus on it and kind of meditate on it. I like early music for this purpose -- motets, masses, etc.