A Nice Surprise...

Options
jtintx
jtintx Posts: 445 Member
Well, this morning was my "official" weigh in day. I stepped on the scale and saw a number I haven't seen in many, many years 159!!!! I almost couldn't believe it. I had to step off and re-weigh just to make sure. Yep! I am so happy. I started in January half-heartedly and wasn't seeing any success. Then I found this site in February. Being able to EASILY log my food and exercise helped me stick with it. When the first few pounds came off I knew I was on to something.

Folks you don't need to cut out carbs, or fat, or whatever....you don't need some diet-of-the-month. You just need to track what you eat, stay within the limits MFP sets for you, and move!

I actually believe that my goal of 145 pounds is within my reach if I keep doing what I've been doing. This is truly very exciting...I just can't put into words what it means to me to be able to take control of this weight issue. Thanks MFP for a wonderful tool!

Replies

• jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Well, this morning was my "official" weigh in day. I stepped on the scale and saw a number I haven't seen in many, many years 159!!!! I almost couldn't believe it. I had to step off and re-weigh just to make sure. Yep! I am so happy. I started in January half-heartedly and wasn't seeing any success. Then I found this site in February. Being able to EASILY log my food and exercise helped me stick with it. When the first few pounds came off I knew I was on to something.

Folks you don't need to cut out carbs, or fat, or whatever....you don't need some diet-of-the-month. You just need to track what you eat, stay within the limits MFP sets for you, and move!

I actually believe that my goal of 145 pounds is within my reach if I keep doing what I've been doing. This is truly very exciting...I just can't put into words what it means to me to be able to take control of this weight issue. Thanks MFP for a wonderful tool!
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Wow that is awesome :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work :bigsmile:
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! It's nice when the scale becomes a friend, and provides positive motivation - instead of despair!

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done! :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome, I can't wait to get to 159. Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    woot! go buy some new skinny jeans! save them for me when i get back down to 160! i'll see that soon, i hope!

good for you! eat some hummus!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!