I HAVE NO MOTIVATION AT ALL!

Options
I need some help being motivated. I need to lose a bit more than 10kg (22lbs) by the middle of April and I am dreading knowing I won't get to my goal by then and it's very important I get to it by that time.

Help? :sad:

Replies

• lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mis251190
    Options
    Im in the same boat :( I was soo motivated for like a week and then it went away :(

Now iv just got motivated again. I need to lose about 25kgs all up but i wanna lose atleast 8-10 kilos before the 13th March as i go to bali!

Stay strong! What are you having problems with? Excercising or Eating?
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Make a list of all the reasons why you decided to make a positive change in your lifestyle. Write them on post-its and put them all around the house for yourself. Find old pictures and tape them up next to the post-its. Remind yourself why you're doing this. No one can want this more than you want this. Dig deep!

Best of luck to you!
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey I feel ya, I have very little motivation right now, too :(. Just imagine how good you'll feel and how good you'll look when you lose all that weight! There are plenty of good healthy foods to eat to so don't get discouraged if you're constantly hearing how much spinach/healthy fish you need to eat. You can do it!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great idea thepetiterunn! I will definitely do that!

The food I can do good with but it's the exercise I need help with.
  • snugglebunny65
    snugglebunny65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have change just about everything to be healthy. I have lost about 5o lbs. I need to lose about another 35. I know I must start to exercise and think about it alot but just never do it. If you have a way to motivate me to do it please help! Since I have such a great dislike for exercise I have decided to call it activity instead. I have even joined the YMCA. Now if I could just GO. I can tell u from my change in eating habits that if u do it long enough it become a way of life. I know if I could just get myself to the Y activity would become a way of life.:wink:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Every time I lose motivation my MFP buds tell me to go compare pictures and measurements. It always makes me feel so much better! Sometimes I go in my personal journal and reflect on what's going on in my life and why I'm feeling discouraged. The more you workout, the more you will keep feeling motivated. So push yourself to do something active today, even if it means going for a quick walk or doing some crunches. You can do this!! I believe in you. :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Come on people; BUCK UP!

Forget all these absurd, short term goals and get to the work of being fit for life - not April or for a March trip to Bali.
    That's external motivation which never lasts.
    Real motivation is internal, and that is all on you.
    That comes from within - a powerful force.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll never really consider quitting ever again.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Quit. If you don't want it bad enough to be motivated then you aren't ready yet.
    (hope that made you mad enough to want to prove me wrong)
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's all about finding a workout you love doing so that it doesn't feel so much like work - whether it's a fitness game on the Wii or Kinect, or some sort of dance, or getting outside and hiking/playing a sport or swimming. Are there activities you absolutely love to do? Even though I'm a terrible dancer, I still have so much fun doing it, and the time flies by and I burn a ton of calories in 20-30 minutes :) And as soon as you start to see and feel the results of consistent exercise, hopefully you will want to keep going and challenge yourself to do more - results are the best motivator! Good luck...
  • gerasi567
    Options
    Here is some useful information and insights on goal setting and goal achieving. I hope it helps: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gerasi567/view/goal-setting-182200
  • marthabg
    Options
    I can relate to your dilemma as well Lisa, but one thing you might want to consider is not thinking about it so much. Just do it, don't dwell on how you feel because thoughts are what lead to feelings and I agree with the guy who (although a bit brash :wink: ) said make it a way of life. I got clean and sober 14 years ago (135 pounds) and ate my way into diabetes 12 years ago and I played around with it and would start and stop exercising and eating in a healthy manner. 2 years ago I weighed 215 and I was able to lose 20 of that but only because I got horrid heartburn all the time and I kept getting ill with infections like yeast and sinus. Last September I went to my Dr. and she told me I would be on dialysis in 2 years and insulin within the next 6 months if I didn't do something. I joined a place called Farrels for a ten week extreme body shaping where they alternate 45 minute kickboxing days with resistance days and although a bit pricey, i signed on for a year. Since then I have lost 20 more pounds, and I went from an 18 to a loose 12 and best of all my sugars are dropping. Like I said earlier, I messed around with it for so long now it is going to take time. But remember just because you feel it or even think it, does not necessarily make it so. You get to decide what kind of life and what kind of health you are going to have. I don't know if you are spiritual but praying for the desire works for me too, or just praying that you don't give up can be helpful! I hope I haven't gone on too long and I will also pray that you begin to gain some desire.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    I woke up one day and said I'm doing this FOR ME! Why do you wanna lose the weight by April? Well, take that reason and put it in your head. REALIZE that you want to accomplish your goals for YOU! Do it and be proud- the real reward is the feeling of success.
  • marthabg
    Options
    I say I am going to my class at the studio, which is true but it just sounds...classier!
  • katieteetee
    katieteetee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im finding the same, im on holidays from a very physical job and am finding it so hard to get up off the couch!
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to exercise through the first couple of weeks .... eventually your body will start actually craving the pain. I feel terrible now if I haven't been to the gym or gone for a walk or a swim.
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're just looking at the bigger number you want to lose and it's overwhelming. Why not say, I need to lose 2kg. That's quite do-able, right?? Then when that goal has been reached , lose 2 more or 3 more. Before you know it, you're down 20 kgs, and lookin' smokin'-hot on the beach! :wink:
    My goal is 40 lbs (18 kg) off, but I plan on losing it in 5 lb goals. I also just joined Aquasize, or water aerobics. It feels great because it's almost zero impact and I can stay cool throughout the entire hour. I HATE sweat running down my back , face, arms, sides...(you get the picture!)
    Just remember, you didn't gain this weight overnight, so you're not going to lose it overnight either. For the sake of your health, start moving!
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Another idea: join one of the challenges that people set up on this website. Preferably a team challenge.. This works perfect for me. I sometimes don't want to go to the gym or go for a run.. but I will do the jumping jacks / crunches / stairs or whatever it is that is the challenge for the week just because I don't want to let my team down.
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you have a gym membership get a gym buddy
    I have becomes best friends with a girl i met at the gym we go 4-5 times a week and do personally training once a week.
    Its really good because you motivate each other to go, and you go because you dont want to let the other person down
    Its also good to have someone who wants to lose weight with you to talk to when your having a bad day =D