Low Glycemic Diet...Has anyone tried it?

Options
2»

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been doing low glycemic load for 16 years....before the term was coined!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I follow a low glycemic diet and have great results.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I limited my carbs to those with a low glycemic load, but over time I transitioned more to an IIFYM (if it fits your macros) way of living. I find the results to be the same either way, but I feel less restricted now. That said, a lot (most?) of the carbs I eat, still happen to be considered low glycemic load, as it just became habit. But I didn't think twice about eating a sandwich just minutes ago on a white french roll,
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only eat low to moderate GI foods every day. (Hubby's spaghetti is the only exception I can think of.) I have noticed that my energy levels are more consistent. Before, I would have crashes, and my blood sugar would get so low I'd be shaking and light-headed. The more I eat lower GI foods, the less hunger pains I feel. No more "my stomach is eating itself" moments.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been following the low glycemic load index for about 2 months now. I haven't lost any weight (of course, I haven't lost any weight in over a year) but I feel remarkably more energetic and just generally great with less and less of the processed crap and sugars out of my system. Overall, it is a lifestyle that I can keep up long term which is what I was after. So, between watching my calories, lots of activity/exercise, and eating low glycemic load index, it's pretty great.