anyone else doing the 30 day shred by Jillian?

Options
I did one week of level one (6 days)

2nd week I did level two with a couple extra workouts thrown in there cause now I am addicted. A couple days I did 2 level two workouts and a couple days I did an extra level one workout. (6 days)

I love it so far. I really feel like I am getting a good workout.

Anyone else doing this video? Which week are you on? How do you feel about it? Do you see an improvement? I am hoping at the end of the 30 days I will see a difference. Right now I can feel a difference in my cardio. It is greatly improved from day one of level one. I cannot see myself doing level three yet. I think I will do at least one more week at level two before I move on. . .

Replies

• wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did one week of level one (6 days)

2nd week I did level two with a couple extra workouts thrown in there cause now I am addicted. A couple days I did 2 level two workouts and a couple days I did an extra level one workout. (6 days)

I love it so far. I really feel like I am getting a good workout.

Anyone else doing this video? Which week are you on? How do you feel about it? Do you see an improvement? I am hoping at the end of the 30 days I will see a difference. Right now I can feel a difference in my cardio. It is greatly improved from day one of level one. I cannot see myself doing level three yet. I think I will do at least one more week at level two before I move on. . .
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have been doing30 day Shred also. I'm on level two since Monday but havent felt good so I only did it Monday & Tuesday, another kind of workout Wed and nothing since...so when I get back on my feet I'll try level 2 again. I felt a difference in my endurance but my weight loss has stalled.
  • psychojenn
    Options
    i hope to start week 2 this coming week =]
    cant believe how much ive improved since day 1 already :smile:
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my weight loss has also stalled. but aunt flo is going to be visiting any day now - so i kinda chalked it up to that. . .

i have noticed a huge difference in my endurance. i am amazed at what a kick *kitten* workout i feel i am getting in 20 minutes. i am always dripping sweat by the time i am done.

i am so close to being at my goal - that i have been doing extra trying to give my body that extra boost. plus - i just love this dvd!! i haven't look ahead to level three as i am kinda scared to. . . level two is quite hard for me - i can't imagine what she has in store for us with level three!!!

good luck to everyone doing this video. i think she is amazing. she really gives you the push to make you try just a little bit harder. i think i sound like an infomercial! ha ha!!:ohwell:

Week 1 - level 1
    Week 2 - level 2
    Week 3 - level 2
    Week 4 - ?????
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I'm doing it... but I can't do it every day. I have pretty beat up knees from the military and my poor calves are really prone to charlie horses - the jumping jacks, jump rope, and butt kickers are something I can only do every other day...

But I've been doing it now for about 2 weeks (still on level one) and I have noticed a pretty dramatic difference in the toning of my muscles. I surprised myself one day when I was washing my hands and noticed in the mirror that I have definition in my arms and shoulders.... and even my quads are getting very firm. Of course, the Shred is just a supplement to my other stuff. I do a ton of walking with intervals of jogging or skipping (also kind of hard on the knees). I also use free weights to do upper body strength at home, since my gym buddy went back to work full time.

I love the Shred so far. I think a few more times on level one will be good, and then I'll finally move to level two.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input on this dvd. I have had it for about 2 weeks maybe and have yet to have time to try it, i usually just have enough time to do my hour on my treadmill let alone anything else, i want to try and get it in sometime soon.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm not doing that... but I'm doing Biggest Loser Cardio Max 6 week boot camp... I'm not doing it as much as it recommends (4-5 times a week) but I'm trying to do it at least 3 times a week... 1st level just has Bob's workout, 2nd level adds one of Julian's workouts, I haven't made it to the 3rd level yet- but I think it has the blonde girl's workout. I don't remember her name but my mom says there was a blonde girl in the first season of the show.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I will complete level 1 today. I have done level 1 8x, and I plan on moving onto level 2 tomorrow (Monday). I started it Thursday, March 19. Since then, I have lost 3.5 pounds and 3 inches. I have done a few extra workouts on top of 30DS (namely a couple of Turbo Jam Cardio Parties and some exercise bike...but not everyday...oh, and 1 day of WATP in there). I have had a rest day too. I haven't read the scale this morning to see what it says, but I may have lost even more than that. I'm sold on it!
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    I will complete level 1 today. I have done level 1 8x, and I plan on moving onto level 2 tomorrow (Monday). I started it Thursday, March 19. Since then, I have lost 3.5 pounds and 3 inches. I have done a few extra workouts on top of 30DS (namely a couple of Turbo Jam Cardio Parties and some exercise bike...but not everyday...oh, and 1 day of WATP in there). I have had a rest day too. I haven't read the scale this morning to see what it says, but I may have lost even more than that. I'm sold on it!

thanks, i'm going to try and do it today as hubby is home and can entertain the 2 little kids while i do it and then i'm going to do my regular 1 hour on my treadmill. My weight loss seems to have halted the last few days and he thinks since i'm getting to my goal i need to give my workouts a bit of a boost, wish me luck!!
    I'll let you know what i think of it when i do it.

Also, how often are you supposed to do it? It doesn't say anywhere that i can find on it?
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    ok, i just did it for the 1st time and wow!! However accordig to my HRM i only burned 117 cal..........so not liking that, as my treadmill i can burn 200 + in 15 mins, oh well treadmill time!!

how many times a week do you do it and after how long do you move to level 2? the dvd dosesn't say anything about that
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Did anyone else get really ill? I did level one for the first time last night. I'm not fit at all but I've never been sick from exercise. Maybe I was going to be sick anyway I don't know. I did lose 1.6 pounds this morning hmm I don't know.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Did anyone else get really ill? I did level one for the first time last night. I'm not fit at all but I've never been sick from exercise. Maybe I was going to be sick anyway I don't know. I did lose 1.6 pounds this morning hmm I don't know.

My husband got sick when he tried it the first time. You probably overdid it and your body wasn't quite ready for that level of exertion yet. Next time, try modifying some of the exercises more, but just make sure you complete the workout. You have to work yourself up to it, but you'll get better with time.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    ok, i just did it for the 1st time and wow!! However accordig to my HRM i only burned 117 cal..........so not liking that, as my treadmill i can burn 200 + in 15 mins, oh well treadmill time!!

how many times a week do you do it and after how long do you move to level 2? the dvd dosesn't say anything about that

You know, it doesn't burn as many calories as working on the treadmill etc, but the toning that you get from it in such a short amount of time is invaluable! I've been doing it for 15 days now and I see big differences in my arms, legs, chest...after only 15 days! I'm still on lvl 1 because lvl 2 is too much of a challenge for me, but lvl 1 is still an excellent workout. You can take your time with it, no need to rush through the levels...I plan on doing it for longer than 30 days anyways since I like the workout so much. Basically when you feel like lvl 1 isn't challenging you enough anymore, move on to lvl 2. She doesn't give any kind of timeline for it because we're all different, so just move at your own pace.

I do the video around 5 days a week, and on the days I don't do it, I use one of my treadmill routines just for the calorie burn.
  • Mom_To_5
    Options

You know, it doesn't burn as many calories as working on the treadmill etc, but the toning that you get from it in such a short amount of time is invaluable! I've been doing it for 15 days now and I see big differences in my arms, legs, chest...after only 15 days! I'm still on lvl 1 because lvl 2 is too much of a challenge for me, but lvl 1 is still an excellent workout. You can take your time with it, no need to rush through the levels...I plan on doing it for longer than 30 days anyways since I like the workout so much. Basically when you feel like lvl 1 isn't challenging you enough anymore, move on to lvl 2. She doesn't give any kind of timeline for it because we're all different, so just move at your own pace.

I do the video around 5 days a week, and on the days I don't do it, I use one of my treadmill routines just for the calorie burn.

Thanks for your input, i really appreciate it. You say in only 15 days you are starting to see results?? COOL!!!! that is want i want/need to hear to get me to do it more then. I still will do my treadmill all the time but now i'm going to do this as well, maybe knock my treadmill to 30 mins. from 60 and see what happens.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I believe you are supposed to do each level for 10 days (to equal 30), but you need to have a rest day or two in there also. I will end up doing about 8x in 10 days in each level before moving on. I also do a few other exercises in there too (WATP, TJ, and exercise bike, but not daily).

Oh, I burn around 200 cals/time.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm not doing that... but I'm doing Biggest Loser Cardio Max 6 week boot camp... I'm not doing it as much as it recommends (4-5 times a week) but I'm trying to do it at least 3 times a week... 1st level just has Bob's workout, 2nd level adds one of Julian's workouts, I haven't made it to the 3rd level yet- but I think it has the blonde girl's workout. I don't remember her name but my mom says there was a blonde girl in the first season of the show.

oops I meant Jillian's workout for level 2 lol... I keep calling her Julian :embarassed:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, Im glad I "noseyed" in on this thread:laugh: I have 30DS, have had it for about 5 weeks or so now and have yet to try it. But Ive been getting really lax on my exercise lately and just losing (about 1.5 lbs a week) by staying under my daily calories alone. But, I notice a big difference in the way I feel now as opposed to the way I felt when I was faithfully exercising 6 days a week. I like the energy I have when Im exercising right and the way I feel mentally. So, I think that today Im gonna break out 30DS and see how it goes:wink: Thanks guys!
    ~Roni
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    I was so sore when i wole up today, i was fine once i got up and started moving around, still sore in a few places but it was even painful to stretch in bed when i first woke up!
    Pain is a good thing though, i know it's working!!!