Marinates ?

Options
If I use a salad dressing as a marinade
Say I cook chicken in a crock pot does the nutritional values still apply or do you loose alot of it or is it the same way it would be on a salad
Im thinking of using italian dressing for a marinate for my chicken meals but im concerned about calories and sodium

same question for marinating chicken for cooking on the bbq , how do you figure the nutritional value

so basically do you loose thing (calories sodium) by grilling or slow cooking ?

if this is a silly question im sorrry but any ideas or advice would be a help Im currently looking at a lot of different options for marinates

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Marinade the chicken over night in LIGHT italian dressing (or light whatever you use) and then dry it off as much as possible before cooking. What I would usually do then is add a tablespoon or so of the dressing to my diary, because it's obviously soaked into the chicken. I might be off, as I totally just guess how much has soaked in, but it's better to add and be off by a little than to not and be off by a good bit more.
  • MIKE1SS
    MIKE1SS Posts: 53
    Options
    Ok cool thanks
    Im trying it in the slow cooker tomorrow hoping it tastes good next week Ill buy light dressing

most of the rubs like mrs dash well they are kind of bland Im looking for good rubs or marinates that arent too bad for me

some things I have found the nutritional values for like pulled bbq chicke
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Grill mates has a whole line of marinades, I use them as dry rubs... a little goes a long way....
  • MIKE1SS
    MIKE1SS Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks Sharon Im going to check them out !