Lower belly fat - When you saw results

Options
One of the things I have always hated most about my body is lower abdominal fat that never seems to go away. I know it's gotten smaller over the last couple months of working out, but for people who were in the same boat and have lost enough weight for it to be tightened and gone or mostly gone, how long did it take for that area to start to disappear? I lost 20 pounds a few years ago and STILL had it, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make sure I can see the results this time around in that area. I hate it so badly.

Anyone care to share some experience? :)

Replies

• futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I also have a moderate amount of visceral fat - I hate it! Do you do any lifting at all? It could only help.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been trying to do some strength training through Jillian Michaels videos and wellness classes like Gravity, hoping I can build muscle and burn off the fat, but I guess I could try more targeted machines as supplement.
  • Kaylyn07
    Kaylyn07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try laying on your back on the floor (or a mat), lift your legs to a 90 degree angle and then lift your butt up, & put your legs back to a 90 degree angle. It really works out the lower abdomen. You'll start to feel the burn. Or you could try bicycle crunches
  • mrsheavy
    mrsheavy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    definitely reverse crunches and bicycle crunches - they are the only thing that ever worked for me - but i also found pilates a great help too x
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I find it really helpful to eat low carbs and high protein. I also mix cardio and strength training for about 1.5-2 hours per day, five days per week. Sadly, this is the only way that I've seen any results in my lower abs, and it's taken a couple of weeks to get to this point after ALREADY significant weight loss and toning. My lower abs still get puffy again the second I think about eating anything with too much flour and sugar. To reiterate: fill up on lean protein, use cardio to reduce your body fat, and tone up with strength training. Expect to work hard for a few weeks before you see results. The bodyrock.tv website has excellent, helpful exercises that really torch allover body fat.Good luck!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! :)