A Social Journey

Options
Good Morning All,

I am Laura, 26 from Derby, England and I am new to MFP.

I'm here to lose around 20 more pounds (14 lost so far) and to tone. Having worked in an Office for 7 years, I had become accustomed to a sedentary lifestyle and grabbing food on the go which caused my weight to creep up.

I have never really been big on exercise and never thought it was something I could enjoy.

I've joined a gym with 3 friends and have found it to be a very social experience, we do classes, gym & swim - we've met people and generally had a laugh. The gym is next to a subway so we have also been able to grab lunches together and control calories a bit easier.

Just thought I'd post on here to say hello and see if there are some people in similar situations and to see how you all are getting on with your journey!

Laura

Replies

• csklebar
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Clairejp74
    Clairejp74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

You are only down the road from me, I am near Chesterfield and shop in Derby loads (Love Westfields).
    I only joined on Monday, but already seeing results although I have been good for about 3 weeks on my own after all the Christmas food had left the house via my mouth and lost around 11.5lb.

Been over weight most of my adult life, but after having my second little boy in August last year and being 6 months nearly now I am determined to loose the weight for good in 2012.

If you want to be my friend on this journey just add me it would be great to encourage and be encouraged by local friends...

Good luck with the gym and weight loss we CAN DO IT....
  • MotivationINeed
    Options
    Welcome aboard Laura,

All the very best of luck with your weight loss journey :-) x
  • nikiclaire
    Options
    Hi Laura

I am in a very similar position to you - work in an office, am up and down with the gym (sometimes I love it, then I hate it). I had a few PT sessions at the gym, during which they tailored a programme for me to follow. Every couple or 3 months I have another PT session and do a new programme - it keeps it interesting and is always good to change what you are doing :-)

Welcome to MFP and congrats on losing 1 stone so far!! Hope you find the site useful

Niki
  • Lau90210
    Options
    Thank you csklebar & Raybfc!

@Clairejp74 - Haha, the Westfield is amazing isn't it?! I live there. Well done with your post Christmas results. I hope we will be able to encourage each other further.

@Nikiclaire Always great to be in touch with likeminded people in similar situations. The PT I had was wonderful and I am now following his program, I look forward to a follow up session. I look forward to being inspired by you :-)
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP