Target #1 reached - get below 200lb

Options
Hi all

I've never posted on here, but you guys have been a constant motivator and inspiration reading your success stories, so I thought it about time I got over my typical reserved British-male-ness and post something :laugh:

I'm getting married in June and I'm determined to get down to the weight I was when I met my soon-to-be wife ready for the trunks around the honeymoon hotel pool lol

Vital Stats
Height: 6ft 2in
Waist: 36in
SW: 206lb
GW: 182lb

I reached my first goal weight getting below 200lb - today at weigh-in I was 199lb! :happy: :happy:
That's 7lb since the start of Dec '11 (8 if you include the 1lb I put on then lost again over Christmas hehe)

Next goal
195lb by her birthday at the start of March.

How have I done it?
I've been using the MFP app to track calories which has lead to a massive reduction in what I eat at work (desk job) and in the evenings I now frequently skip pudding.

Crisps and other fatty snacks have been swapped for apples, pears and grapes.

I now make lunch at home instead of having what my colleagues refer to as a tuck shop in my draws.

Replies

• msminkee
    msminkee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making a start and getting to that first goal. I am doing the same thing setting small goals and then it does not seem too overwhelming. You will get there and look and feel fantastic for your wedding. Good luck :happy:
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey Albo.

I'm a Brit too (though living in Dublin) and also getting married this year (end of May).
    You sound like in similar situation to me, although I am shorter and heavier! Just went through the 100kg mark yesterday, now holding on to 99.9kg and determined not to go back into 3 figures again. My target is to get down below 200lbs again.

You seem to be doing the right things. I now bring my food to work too. Stick to the soups instead of sandwiches, especially in this cold weather. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!