Rewards??

I'm trying to figure out ways to reward myself for the little goals.. at how many lbs do you all suggest and what types of things do you reward yourself with.. I don't think its right to reward oneself with a cheat day and/or food because that kinda defeats the purpose right?? Any suggestions??

Replies

• giraffeprincess
    giraffeprincess Posts: 7 Member
    I am looking for ways rewarding myself as well :) but as you said I do not want to use food!
    I was thinking of either treating myself to a nice massage, facial, manicure, etc or buy something pretty :)
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Every 25 lbs lost I get a new pair of boots.
    For smaller loss, every ten pounds, a pedicure, an article of clothing (on sale), or something that makes me feel better... girly... like nail polish, new lipstick, or a new pair of earrings.
    I guess it depends on what you like!
    I never use food as a reward. Been doing that my whole life and that's one of the ways I arrived where I'm at.
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    You guys rock I love the idea of massages or pedi's :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i'm planning on things like a spa day (only 5 more lbs!!), a new tattoo when i'm closer to goal, an expensive pair of jeans when i am at goal, and a new ring and bracelet :)
  • i'm planning on things like a spa day (only 5 more lbs!!), a new tattoo when i'm closer to goal, an expensive pair of jeans when i am at goal, and a new ring and bracelet :)

Love these ideas!
  • We have a group called the 5x5x5 Challenge. :)

5 days: Work it!
    5 lbs: Lose it!
    $5: Spend it!

Basically you work a minimum of 5 days a week, and for every 5 lb increment you lose, you reward yourself with something worth $5. And feel free to change it up to fit your lifestyle. You can pool your $5s for a bigger prize, or even get something as simple as a new e-book, or treat yourself to a matinee, etc.

Just have fun with it! I glad all on this thread are looking to make this a fun journey!