not hungry...???

Options
Hey everyone! Hope ya'll are doing well this evening!:flowerforyou:

I've had an issue the past few days, that I NEVER thought would happen to me. Trust me on this one!:wink::wink:

I've been eating protein at breakfast for the first time since I've been on MFP, and watching what I eat.
I have either egg whites or egg substitute on a whole grain Arnold's sandwich thin with kraft 2% cheese and a tsp of lite mayo. I eat this at about 9:30. So, my lunch break is at 1:00, and out of habit, I grab a Lean Cuisine meal and a yogurt or banana. I'm not really hungry, but I figure it's lunchtime, I better eat. So, then when I get home, I'm not hungry at all. I fix dinner for my husband, and I think that I'll just wait until I'm hungry and eat later. Well, here it is after midnight and I'm still not hungry. This has been going on now since Monday.
I just went shopping so I have so many healthy choices in the house, things I LOVE, but thinking of eating just about gags me. I'm not sick, and I'm not pregnant..so you can rule that out.:wink:

My question is....should I force myself to eat? Or should I just listen to my body? Honestly, I'm not trying to starve myself, that's not how I roll...I just really have no appetite. It seems like that breakfast, god love :heart: it, is really keeping the hunger at bay all day long. I just don't know how to handle it, though, because I'm sooo not used to being like this.

I'm thinking the obvious part would be not to eat the protein tomorrow and see what happens, but I LOVE:heart::heart: this sandwich (thanks Tam!)

I haven't weighed myself in a while, I'm joining this biggest loser contest on Tues. so they will weigh me there, so I don't know what affect ,if any , it is having on my weight loss.

Has anyone else has this problem and what do you veterans think is the reason and what should I do?? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope ya'll are doing well this evening!:flowerforyou:

I've had an issue the past few days, that I NEVER thought would happen to me. Trust me on this one!:wink::wink:

I've been eating protein at breakfast for the first time since I've been on MFP, and watching what I eat.
    I have either egg whites or egg substitute on a whole grain Arnold's sandwich thin with kraft 2% cheese and a tsp of lite mayo. I eat this at about 9:30. So, my lunch break is at 1:00, and out of habit, I grab a Lean Cuisine meal and a yogurt or banana. I'm not really hungry, but I figure it's lunchtime, I better eat. So, then when I get home, I'm not hungry at all. I fix dinner for my husband, and I think that I'll just wait until I'm hungry and eat later. Well, here it is after midnight and I'm still not hungry. This has been going on now since Monday.
    I just went shopping so I have so many healthy choices in the house, things I LOVE, but thinking of eating just about gags me. I'm not sick, and I'm not pregnant..so you can rule that out.:wink:

My question is....should I force myself to eat? Or should I just listen to my body? Honestly, I'm not trying to starve myself, that's not how I roll...I just really have no appetite. It seems like that breakfast, god love :heart: it, is really keeping the hunger at bay all day long. I just don't know how to handle it, though, because I'm sooo not used to being like this.

I'm thinking the obvious part would be not to eat the protein tomorrow and see what happens, but I LOVE:heart::heart: this sandwich (thanks Tam!)

I haven't weighed myself in a while, I'm joining this biggest loser contest on Tues. so they will weigh me there, so I don't know what affect ,if any , it is having on my weight loss.

Has anyone else has this problem and what do you veterans think is the reason and what should I do?? Thanks in advance.
  • shariweber
    Options
    I am no veteran and have the same problem. Some days I have over 400 calories left, usually if I didn't work out or didn't work out hard.
    I am not tires or listless either, just not hungry.
    These are the questions I ask myself:
    1. did I drink enough water. Somehow, if I don't drink water it seems to shut off my hunger. I know it is usually different for others but this is what I have found. If not, I make myself drink a glass of water and have a snack. Sometimes that MAKES me hungry.
    2. Did I have lots of fiber today or yesterday that is causing a "false full"? If I am really low, I again, eat a snack to see if my stomach says, "oh yeah, I should eat"
    3. Did I go over my calories lately?
    4. Have I not been working out enough?

My problem has always been binge and starve. Not the bulimic version, just not fueling my body properly so I do force myself a bit.

I am on 1200 cals a day but give myself a 100 cal grace. Rarely do I need more grace than that on either side.

I ALWAYS eat my excercise calories now. No room for grace on that if I am having to force 1100 calories in!

I work out 2 times a day 6 days a week.

Hope I helped or at least made you feel not so alone.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    how many minutes do you work out at a time when you work out twice? I just joined a gym that is open 24/7 so I could go twice...I just don't know with work and household things, if I could work it in. I just started so I'm just doing 1 hour 3 days a week. That's on my days off, I went after work today, and didn't get anything done, and my body is killing me.:grumble: :grumble:
  • shariweber
    Options
    I am very lucky that a friend gave me a treadmill years ago. The motor is going out but until it dies- i will use it.
    I work out in the morning 20 minutes on M, W, Th, F on the treadmill.
    I work out at the Y M, Th, F and sometimes Sunday doing cardio stuff. These are typically 45 min to an hour.
    I strength train- situps, squats, etc. Tu, Th, Sa. at home.
    I love working out now. I have so much energy. Yesterday, I didn't work out in the morning and I ended up needing a nap! Went to the Y and had all my energy back!
  • taveragirl
    Options
    Sounds a little like my post yesterday. I made up for it today though by going over! Some how our bodys have to make up for it. Today I gave into my cravings...big no no for me. I have to stay as steady in eating patterns as possible or else I'll start yo-yoing. I wouldn't say to make yourself eat. Stay hydrated and have a veggie snack if you feeling your skiping a meal. They tend to not make you feel so full. Good Luck :smile: