Not eating enough

I was surpirsed yesterday when I finished my diary and hit the submit button (iphone app) to be told that I had eaten too little. I didnt feel hungry, low on engery etc so my question has to be......

What are the consiquenses of not eating the recommeneded value?

Just to add a little more info.....my recommened value is 1750kcals but even after 3 meals and a snack I only eate 1195kcals.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I try not to make a habit of it. I usually end up going over by a couple hundred one day a week (usually Saturdays!) so as long as everything evens out, I don't sweat it. I only ran into trouble when I consistently under ate. That's when I stopped losing weight, plateaued, etc.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Consistently eating too little can cause your body to try to conserve what it can (sometimes misleadingly called starvation mode).

One day isn't going to do it, so dont panic. But work on getting to your recommended calories using healthy foods. A slice of toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk or juice should help!

Good luck on your journey.
  • aurinia
    aurinia Posts: 15
    If you're regularly struggling to eat enough maybe try having something easy to eat like smoothies or yoghurt etc. To up your calories. Always allows for some treats too! :)
  • Thanks for all the tips.....yes it's only one day but I've only done 3 so I thought I would check.