I KNOW EVERYONE must post these kind of issues but I need to

Options
Hello everyone :flowerforyou:

Firstly HAPPY TUESDAY! Hope you are all having a fantastic one and for the new joiners... WELCOME :happy:

I lost 56lb by myself and the remainder of 20lb through MFP.. I am 5ft 8 and currently weigh just over 130lb
I have lost and toned MOST of my body, lost the inches but I was never ` comfortable ` with my body. HOWEVER I got told last night that I am off to Cyprus this year AND in November off to Goa for 3 weeks! I am in :love: !!! VERYYYYYY EXCITED HOWEVER there is just that one thing bothering me.. that tiny extra little bit of ` baggage ` .. ( Loose Tum! )
I have epilepsy and my brain does not function with my legs and lower body ( back etc ) at times so for sit ups I have my own ab crunching chair, I run when I can, I have done the biggest loser games, planks, squats, cardio boxing etc ( I know this is not for your stomach ) I have done low carbs, high carbs, protein, high fat, low fat etc etc but the tummy will not get flat lol..
I HAVE noticed the abs ` forming ` and ` visible ` BUT my stomach is NOT firm enough and I want to look ` ok ` on the beach..!
Is there any exercise advice you can give me to help me out?
Thankyou so much.
Sarah. 27 Uk, :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zesss
    zesss Posts: 36
    Options
    My advice is to remember that no one really cares how you look on the beach. You're slim and gorgeous and no one at all is going to concern themselves with the small part of your tummy that you're not happy with. Just relax and have an awesome holiday!
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My advice is to remember that no one really cares how you look on the beach. You're slim and gorgeous and no one at all is going to concern themselves with the small part of your tummy that you're not happy with. Just relax and have an awesome holiday!

Agreed - have a great time.....

P.S. - a quote I heard once and is so true... 'Abs are made in the kitchen.' - meaing you can do all the ab workouts you want, but your diet is MOST important.

Good Luck - You can do it!
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options

Thankyou soooooo much :flowerforyou:
    I don`t get told much and your words have just made my morning!
    xx
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options

Agreed - have a great time.....

P.S. - a quote I heard once and is so true... 'Abs are made in the kitchen.' - meaing you can do all the ab workouts you want, but your diet is MOST important.

Good Luck - You can do it!

Thankyou :)

Happy Tuesday and have a fab day xx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sarah... Honey... Your freaking perfect! Don't go doing anything drastic or loosing anymore weight coz your sooooo tiny. You could even afford to add a few lbs. Your going to look AMAZING on the beach I promise you. Love you x
  • PatrickP90X
    Options
    First of all I want to congradulate you on meeting your fitness and health goals! You are a very beautiful woman and speaking as a guy I think you look gorgeous, for me it's not what's on the outside it's what's really on the inside. That being said, if you feel you need to tone up your abs more I wouldn't suggest losing any more weight. I would suggest bicycles where you lay on your back in a situp position and move your legs like you are pedaling a bicycle. As far as nutritoon is concerned, keep your meals ful of lean proteins like chicken breast,lean fish and lean red meats. Eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and keep your carb chocies whole grain. I eat oatmeal plain and if I want a sweet touch to it without the calories I will just add some Stevia and cinnamon to it, as far as rice concerned, keep it brown rice or quinoa, if you want flavor add spices or additional veggies to your brown rice selection. I hope you have fun on your vacation to Cypress and I hope this information helps you out
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Chick, you are going to look amazing on them beaches! You are gorgeous and have a gorgeous personality too.

Enjoy your day and have fun bikini shopping :) x
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Thirded. Don't go looking for Delhi Belly in Goa.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Great! You are going to have so much fun.
    And I'd be doing the same as you given the opportunity.
    Peak fitness looks better than fat. We all want to look our best, feel great and be healthy.
    The beach is where we either strut our stuff of cower under baggy clothes.

Try swimming around with a float. That does not require much co-ordination but intense effort.
    You'll get a great full body session and cardio as well. Don't let your challenges stop you, and stay motivated.

And from my perspective, you look great!
    In that we all agree, but you must work your own goals - not mine or anybody else's.

Good Luck.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would say go for those abs! start doing some front squats and dead-lifts and they will be yours.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    maybe it will help to just keep bloat down - avoid too much carbs, sodium, etc. sounds like you're rockin a hot bod anyhow!! maybe just simple dietary changes will get you what you want :)

congrats on all your other successes!!!!!
  • Teresab5
    Options
    for every one person who wants washboard abs there are about 99 others who want what you have!!
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Sarah... Honey... Your freaking perfect! Don't go doing anything drastic or loosing anymore weight coz your sooooo tiny. You could even afford to add a few lbs. Your going to look AMAZING on the beach I promise you. Love you x

Miss Zara Naylor THANKYOU muchly! I do NOT KNOW where I would be without you! I think Bikini shopping IS the way forward... :wink: Love you my ickle plant pot :flowerforyou:
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I agree with this 100%. I have never been approached by /anyone/ while at some beach or lake event whom I didn't already know because of how I look. Other people generally don't care what you look like.

Well, I was approached because I was running around with a Storm Trooper helmet. But they had very little to say about my workout routine.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    First of all I want to congradulate you on meeting your fitness and health goals! You are a very beautiful woman and speaking as a guy I think you look gorgeous, for me it's not what's on the outside it's what's really on the inside. That being said, if you feel you need to tone up your abs more I wouldn't suggest losing any more weight. I would suggest bicycles where you lay on your back in a situp position and move your legs like you are pedaling a bicycle. As far as nutritoon is concerned, keep your meals ful of lean proteins like chicken breast,lean fish and lean red meats. Eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and keep your carb chocies whole grain. I eat oatmeal plain and if I want a sweet touch to it without the calories I will just add some Stevia and cinnamon to it, as far as rice concerned, keep it brown rice or quinoa, if you want flavor add spices or additional veggies to your brown rice selection. I hope you have fun on your vacation to Cypress and I hope this information helps you out

Thankyou for the message :smile: This has made me :happy: !! I have been told I am a lovely lady inside but as people here have put it is in the mind too and I need to believe I am lovely outside aswell as on the inside.
    I DO NOT want to lose anymore weight I just want to maintain however now I have read some of these messages I am THINKING a few curves are better then being slim :laugh:
    X
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Chick, you are going to look amazing on them beaches! You are gorgeous and have a gorgeous personality too.

Enjoy your day and have fun bikini shopping :) x

Thankyou sweetheart - Your words mean the world and I am so lucky to have a friend like you to keep me going :flowerforyou:
    Oh I will darlin don`t you worry! Undecided on colors etc but I will get there :happy: xx
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options

Thirded. Don't go looking for Delhi Belly in Goa.

I shall try not to :laugh:
    :flowerforyou:
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Great! You are going to have so much fun.
    And I'd be doing the same as you given the opportunity.
    Peak fitness looks better than fat. We all want to look our best, feel great and be healthy.
    The beach is where we either strut our stuff of cower under baggy clothes.

Try swimming around with a float. That does not require much co-ordination but intense effort.
    You'll get a great full body session and cardio as well. Don't let your challenges stop you, and stay motivated.

And from my perspective, you look great!
    In that we all agree, but you must work your own goals - not mine or anybody else's.

Good Luck.

Thankyou!
    I do love swimming although I have not been since I was diagnosed. HOWEVER I NEVER give up!
    Thankyou very much ( in saying I look great ) :flowerforyou:
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    I would say go for those abs! start doing some front squats and dead-lifts and they will be yours.

Thankyou for your advice :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    maybe it will help to just keep bloat down - avoid too much carbs, sodium, etc. sounds like you're rockin a hot bod anyhow!! maybe just simple dietary changes will get you what you want :)

congrats on all your other successes!!!!!

Thankyou :smile:
    I have the dietry profile set up so fingers crossed something happens soon - Unless the day I took the photo I was just bloated :laugh:
    Thankyou :flowerforyou: