very strange feeling in body post-binge

Options
ok,
whenever i have a binge (even if it is just a MINI binge, like going over cals) - and may i add this is only ever on sweets, candy etc never alcohol, fried food, etc) - i wake up the next morning with this very weird ache all over my body. it's literally like my entire body is bruised and sore to the touch, especially areas like my chest, hips and stomach. it feels HORRIBLE. sometimes it even starts the evening on which i eat too much.
i am wondering if it's a psychological thing? like punishing myself for eting too much?
or could it actually be something serious like wayyy too much sugar in the bloostream?

its worrying and happens every single time i eat too much sugar....any advice would be very appreciiated!
:happy:

Replies

• gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    ok,
    whenever i have a binge (even if it is just a MINI binge, like going over cals) - and may i add this is only ever on sweets, candy etc never alcohol, fried food, etc) - i wake up the next morning with this very weird ache all over my body. it's literally like my entire body is bruised and sore to the touch, especially areas like my chest, hips and stomach. it feels HORRIBLE. sometimes it even starts the evening on which i eat too much.
    i am wondering if it's a psychological thing? like punishing myself for eting too much?
    or could it actually be something serious like wayyy too much sugar in the bloostream?

its worrying and happens every single time i eat too much sugar....any advice would be very appreciiated!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Best to go see a doctor. Take care.
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    i did speak to a doctor at one point who just told me to keep hydrated - but i drink loads of water!

i am thinking of trying to do a week without any sugar - does anyone have any tips on a sugar free diet?

thanks!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Yes, I get a very strange "hangoverish" feeling the day after I eat really sugary or super fatty foods, too. Like, McDonald's for example. If I have what I used to have at McDonald's (quarter pounder with cheese, large fries and coke), the next day I'll feel like I have a hangover.

I think it's a good sign that your body just doesn't want that yucky stuff anymore. :smile:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    If you've ever seen the movie Supersize Me, he talks about the achiness that he experiences with eating greasy fat laden food. I have also noticed that on the days when I would binge on fast food I would feel like CRAP. Then, ironically, the next few days I crave it strongly.
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    ok,

I went over on fried food Friday night and yesterday (Saturday) my breasts hurt all evening...I never thought about it being the fried foods, but maybe that was it the whole time. I am going to start watching this and see if it really is true. I know that since I started eating healthy, my breasts haven't hurt much at all. But yesterday was AWFULLLLLL!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I hope to get back on the wagon today. It was our anniversary:love::love: :love: this weekend and I really OVER done it. You know, going out to eat. (I dont drink alcohol so I didnt have all that suger in my body, but I did eat a Hot Fudge Cake...tee-hee):smooched: :smooched: But i know that it will be ok and so far I havent gained any. So we will see....
    Thanks for this post...maybe I just figured out the root of my breast pain...

144617.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What's your blood sugar level like? Maybe you're bordering on diabetes?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    when you haven't had those types of foods in awhile and then you overload on them your body does react to it-

Because its not used to getting so much it is kind of like punishment-

My experience I took in too much sugar and woke up the next day with a massive headache the next day because I don't typically take in alot of sugar since Im trying to drop weight.

My friend who has been in training for a figure contest and after her competetion she went and ate things that she hasn't had in awhile and she had a sick miserable feeling for like 2-3 days afterwards her body didn't know how to take it because it wasn't used to it- She didn't go overboard but she still suffered.
    Even when she ate sugar free candy because her body wasn't used to the sugar alcohol. Its pretty normal just stay away from it or only have a little in moderation.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the guy went to his Doctor and said-

Doc..it hurts when I do this

the Doc said-

Then don't do that
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

the Doc said-

Then don't do that

exactly!!! good point- no point in punishing yourself if it hurts or makes you feel miserable afterwards it just means they may taste good at the moment but in the end they are sooo not worth it
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options

the Doc said-

Then don't do that

Exactly! that's why when I started getting a heavy feeling (discomfort, not really pain) in my chest above my right breast after eating red meats that I just stopped eating red meat (no steak, cries). I was asked why I didn't go see a doctor but I can't see wasting the doctor's time. He would just tell me to stop eating the red meat (happens with full fat dairy too so i don't touch that anymore either).