SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! March 29th

Options
Alright, how is it possible that it's nearly April? It seems like it was just Christmas.

Today, I'm going to workout this morning (so hard for me as I'm usually an afternoon person. . .but I know the potluck will involve some treat eating, so I've got to get it in.)

I think I'm going to dust off Biggest Loser Cardio Max and renew my love/hate relationship with Bob. Oh, Bob.:tongue:

and, hey, in case you missed it last night. . .Wanderinglight is back! Hooray!

Take care of yourselves boogaloo!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Alright, how is it possible that it's nearly April? It seems like it was just Christmas.

Today, I'm going to workout this morning (so hard for me as I'm usually an afternoon person. . .but I know the potluck will involve some treat eating, so I've got to get it in.)

I think I'm going to dust off Biggest Loser Cardio Max and renew my love/hate relationship with Bob. Oh, Bob.:tongue:

and, hey, in case you missed it last night. . .Wanderinglight is back! Hooray!

Take care of yourselves boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's already almost April. Unbelievable.
    Welcome back Wanderinglight! We've missed you!
    I'll have to catch up on yesterday's posts later. It was my cheat day, so today is my get back on track day. I will have the afternoon to myself, so I will try to get a work out in. I am very tired though so a nap may happen instead. I will be eating better today and staying within my calories. I haven't logged in a few days because I've just been so busy. Why do I always eat when my family is around? Is it because I am happy? It's frustrating. I think of my family and think junk food. :noway: I have to do better.
    Alex had a great day yesterday! He got to see the real Thomas the train (which is too expensive to ride!), and he got to ride a miniature Thomas at the mall, and he got to see Red Robin, the character, at the restaurant who is pretty much like his Santa Claus. For an autistic/sensory child to show emotion towards something like that is SOOO wonderful! He gave him a hug and was grinning from ear to ear. It made my day! :bigsmile: Makes me want to go back every Saturday but then it wouldn't be so special. So it was a good day for me too.
    I'd better get ready for church. Alex is staying in the service with me since he still has a runny nose. Should be interesting.
    I'm rambling again. I will try to check in again later!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Holy moly!

I'd forgotten how hard that cardio max is. I am dripping with sweat. 316 calories gone. Woot.:drinker: <----my protein shake breakfast.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome back WL!!! Glad you made it home safely. Is there a post giving us a full update???

MM - I do the same thing with my family. It's what you do together - eat. If someone else is eating, I want to be eating too.

I'm quite sore. Every time I kneel down, it's painful - not sore - painful. Hopefully yoga today will help. I miss yoga week still - though I probably wouldn't do yoga if I didn't have to teach.

I got a call this morning from some guy asking if I was at the Capital 10,000 race yet. I thought it was a friend making a joke after the ride yesterday - turns out it was the wrong number. :laugh:

Slap, happy, flappy,

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47241-i-m-back-and-ready-to-work

Here's wanderin's "I'm baaaack. . ." post. High drama on the high seas.:wink:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, WanderingLight! I'm so glad that you made it back safe and sound.I posted on your other thread, but I look forward to seeing you back in SBF land.

Mary, great job on the race - that sounds like an enormous challenge, especially given the wind. You should definitely go easy on your legs for a few days - though I imagine walking and yoga might be helpful. Oh, and ibuprofen. That's funny about the wrong number. :tongue:

MM, it's so nice to hear that Alex had a great day yesterday. I know you had been struggling last week. :flowerforyou:

I didn't really do anything yesterday exercise-wise -- only a leisurely walk around the neighborhood, and scraping paint off the door frame. And then I got in a big fight with my DH. :frown: We rarely fight, and it's better now... I just feel like I am still digging out from the backlog of things I was putting off while finishing up my project, and adding new things on top of that makes me feel really overwhelmed. I feel like sticking with my exercise routine the past few weeks is the only 'normal' thing I've been able to keep up with - but then I start to wonder if it's fair for me to do that when there are still so many things around the house that I am behind on.

But, today is another day. I tested my pushups today, and made it to 90! I thought it was only 80, but DH was counting for me and told me that it was actually 90 - had I realized, I might have tried to struggle through the last ten. :ohwell: I am still psyched, though - I think I will get there next week! I still need to do my strength routine and yoga today to meet my exercise goals for the week. Any recommendations for yoga DVDs? I have Yoga Burn, but it might be helpful to have a shorter routine that I could sneak into a half hour or so.

Sunday boogaloo!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Happy Sunday,

Slightly new goals for this week

1) One splurge day only
    2) Hydrate: At least 1.25 litres daily
    3) Three days exersise
    4) At least one fruit and one two veg servings and day...you laugh but it sometimes doesnt happen
    5) Work under 8.5

Sunday relaxing boogaloo:wink:

Anne
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I haven't been on here but I haven't been shirking my duty, I've been doing cardio almost every day and pilates inbetween with some upper body work. Just been too busy to log on. It might slow down soon.

Yesterday I walked a homeshow for about three hours. Today I have a blister from it so it's pilates instead of cardio.

I have even been eating pretty healthy though I haven't been getting all my waters.

I like the new name, it sounds jazzy. Hopefully I will be able to post everyday but if not just know I'm thinking about all of you:bigsmile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    KJLLOSE
    I love that picture, kittys are classic:smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    CP - it is fair for you to exercise - you need to take care of yourself more than taking care of the house.

Yee videos - strength, stamina, & flexibility is my favorite - they are 20 min each, see if you can find the dvd with all 3 - if not, go for the stamina one.

I feel much better after yoga today - I'm glad I had to go.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I think I am getting sick. :sick: Either that or it's just really bad allergies. I am tired so I am going to take a power nap. Hopefully I won't regret. Still need to get push ups in today.
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, I forgot to congratulate you on your 90 push ups! Awesome! I bet you will be there next weekend!
    I have yet to do mine. I feel like poop. lol. I just want to go to bed.
    Karen, good to see you again! And good to hear you are keeping it up!
    Mary, I'm glad yoga was able to help you feel better.
    Deanea, I'm not laughing about the fruit and veggie servings. I have the same problem also.
    I need to get. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. See you tomorrow.
    MM