2012 February Biggest Loser Challenge

Options
Begins February 1, 2012
Ends February 29, 2012

This Challenge is for those of us that want to push yourselves to the next level to a achieve a healthily life. Your overall result will include weight loss, inches loss, BMI reduction, body fat %, weight loss %, exercise minutes and challenges. The overall result will be a %.

Beginning Check-in will be February 1, 2012. Check-in will include the following information: weight, waist inches (at belly button), hips inches (largest area), wrist inches, forearm inches (right below elbow), male or female and height (feet & inches). You may post your check-in information on the message board or email me. Please friend me because I will post reminders and etc. Also, this is a great place to support each other.

Please check back because I will be posting additional information on the challenge. Which will include instructions, daily challenges and bonus challenges. This challenge is setup for those that are interested in making a healthly change in their lives. You will need to be dedicated the entire month of January to the challenge. So, if you aren't looking for a challenge this isn't for you.

I am on the Easter Time Zone.

Replies

• Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to join you all this month!
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    There will be eliminations each week. The number that will be eliminated will be determined by the number of participants.

Beginning Check-in by February 1, 2012 with weight & all measurements. (to be in the challenge just send me your information on this post or email it to me)

Time Zone: Eastern

Following check-ins will be: (you may send me your information by email or post on here)
    February 10, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on February 11, 2012 or you will be eliminated)
    February 17, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on February 18, 2012 or you will be eliminated)
    February 24, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on February 25, 2012 or you will be eliminated)
    February 29, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on March 1 , 2012 or you will be eliminated) (final check-in)

When you check in this is the information that you will need to submit:
    Current Weight:
    Current waist inches:
    Current hips inches:
    Current wrist inches:
    Current forearm inches
    Exercise Minutes:
    Daily Challenges Completed:
    Bonus Challenge Completed:

The Daily Challenge and Bonus Challenges will be listed below
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    I am in EASTERN TIME ZONE.

The BONUS CHALLENGES will be: (If you complete the bonus challenge you will receive an extra point)

February 1-9: complete an extra 100 burpees & 64 oz. of water
    February 10-16: complete an extra 150 crunches & 64 oz of water
    February 17-23: complete an extra 100 jumping jacks & 64 oz of water
    February 24-28 complete an extra 50 slip squats & 64 oz of water

Also, if you aren't for sure how to do an exercise youtube has awesome videos that I have found to be very beneficial for me. If you can't complete the exercises (or can't find the vided) and need to subsititue with another exercise please feel free to do so.
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    I'm down.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Think I'm gonna' give it a try once again...so count me in...
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try my best so I'm in !!
  • sdb588
    sdb588 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. I need all the encouragement I can get to get into my bridesmaid's dress in April :-)
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    I would LOVE to join. Can't wait been saying for years I will start tomorrow but this time I am going to START tomorrow! I need all the support I can get. I will send my information tomorrow :)
  • SgtCyd
    SgtCyd Posts: 25
    Options
    Count me in! I have the bad habit of losing momentum towards the end of the week. Maybe this will encourage me to keep going. I love a challenge!

For the "slip squats" , do you mean split squats or lunges?

:heart:
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This sounds so fun! I can't wait! See you tomorrow with all my stats!
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    This sounds like fun, and I love a challenge! Count me in, please! :)
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I am going to own February!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <
    game face :explode:

Slip squat???? Did you man split squat?
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds fun. Just the extra motivation I needed. I'm in.
  • rebeccafinley
    Options
    I would love to do it! I am just confused on how I am to measure my forearm.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm part of a Biggest Loser Challenge here at work and this would be perfect motivation to keep that up. Also, I need some motivation to keep up with my measuring (isn't it weird that I can motivate myself to exercise, but not measure??) Anyways, thanks!!

Kate
  • riddlek
    Options
    I'm in, I just started so hopefully this will get me motivated :happy:
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this!! I'm in!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Think I'm gonna' give it a try once again...so count me in...

Gender - FEMALE
    SW - 146.4
    HEIGHT - 5' 0
    WAIST – 33.5
    HIPS – 41.5
    RIGHT WRIST 6 & LEFT WRIST 6
    FOREARM (R) 9.5 & LEFT 9.5
    NECK 13.0
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    gonna give it a go!